Concept - Model Colt Turbo 4 - Portable Smoke Generator
The Turbo variant of our best selling Colt 4 incorporates a much larger mass, precision machined heat exchanger block, and 2 x 1100w Firerod cartridge heaters switched via a solid state relay. The result - almost twice the smoke output of the standard Colt 4, and the ability to make smoke 'Off Power' for longer - because it has a greater amount of retained energy within the heat exchanger. With its enhanced performance, the Colt 4 Turbo is capable of smoke logging larger volumes, more quickly, and to denser smoke concentrations than any other similar system. However, the smoke output is completely adjustable, so, if required, smoke output can be reduced from a powerful plume to a small wisp.
In service with numerous fire authorities world-wide, many NATO forces (including the USN and Royal Navy for shipboard training), as well as analytical laboratories, asbestos removal specialists, and HVAC and LEV contractors, the Concept Colt has an enviable reputation for simplicity of operation and reliability.
The entire Royal Navy and Royal Fleet Auxiliary, after extensive testing, have equipped their entire fleet with the Colt 4 Turbo smoke systems for creating safe but highly realistic fire training scenarios.
As with any of Concept's mains powered smoke generators the Colt 4 Turbo really is built to last. As standard the unit comes with a 5 year warranty & lifetime guarantee on heater block.
The unit uses the standard, one piece aluminium Colt 4 smoke can to produce an extremely persistent smoke. The can contains both the smoke chemical and the INERT propellant gas required to make the smoke. The canister automatically re-seal after use, so they can be used time and time again until exhausted.
The Colt 4 Turbo creates a smoke with such a small particle size, meaning much lower chemical concentrations to achieve and maintain specific smoke concentrations than conventional smoke systems. For fire training purposes this means that much safer (and more realistic) conditions can be achieved.
All Concept Colts have an enviable reputation for simplicity of operation and reliability.
Remote operation is available on the Colt 4 Turbo. A choice between a wired remote and radio remote control to suit all applications.
The use of the canisters reduces the number of moving parts within the machine to just one, resulting in exceptional serviceability and reliability.
The resulting smoke from the Colt 4 Turbo has a particle size of just 0.2 - 0.3 micron mmd. The smallest particle size in it's class. This compares to typical entertainment smoke systems that have a particle size of 1-5 microns. This means the Colt 4 Turbo doesn't just create the most persistent water based smoke available, it is also the safest. In normal operation, once the smoke has been produced and vented the class leading particle size of the Colt 4 Turbo means that there will be no discernible residue.
Re-fillable aerosol cans are also available if required which can simply be pressurised by a hand pump, airline or inert gas supply.
Available as 110v / 230v smoke generator.
- Manufactured by Concept in the UK under ISO 9001
- The most powerful, hand held generator in its class with off power capability
- Compact size, robust construction, splashproof switches / indicators & NATO codified
- Designed for Fire Training, Leak Testing, Air Flow Visualisation, Spray Booth Clearance tests
- Precision, machined heat exchanger, guaranteed for life!
- Extremely Persistent Smoke with a particle size 0.2 micron mmd
- Size (cm): 36 x 14 x 20
- Weight (kg): 7
- Heat Exchanger Wattage (W): 2200
- Power Supply: 208-230v. 50/60Hz
- Optional: 110v, 50/60hz 110v, 400hz (Basic variant)
- Warm up time from cold (mins): 4
- Duration of aerosol at maximum output (mins): 7.5-8
- Smoke output (firstname.lastname@example.org visibility): 0-226
- Hang time index: HTI 4 - 6 / 1.25 - 1.5 hours
- Particle Size (micron, mass median diameter): 0.2-0.3
- Operation 'Off Power': Basic and Hybrid variants
- Operation 'Remote': Hybrid variant