Eco-Tec NickelPur - Recovers Nickel in Electroplating Operations
Eco-Tec’s Nickel Recovery System, NickelPur ensures maximum nickel salt recovery, cost reduction, and quality consistency. NickelPur utilizes Recoflo, the next generation of ion-exchange technology with compressed-bed, counter-current operation recovering over 95% of nickel dragged out from the plating baths into the rinses. “Nickel drag-out” is a normal operational occurrence during the electroplating process that results in nickel salt loss and waste treatment considerations. Operational costs related to both the replenishment of the lost nickel and sludge waste generation can seriously impact an operation’s efficiency. NickelPur is specifically designed and manufactured to assist companies in their efforts to increase efficiencies, and lower waste and operating costs.
NickelPur uses two types of ion exchange resins to ensure the effective recovery of nickel in decorative electroplating operations. They are coupled in a manner that produces a concentrated, de-acidified nickel salt product. Rinse water is pumped through cartridge filters and then through a cation resin bed where the nickel is exchanged on to the resin. Regeneration is accomplished using a mixture of sulfuric and hydrochloric acids, which are pumped up through the cation resin bed. Regeneration yields a concentrated nickel sulfate and nickel chloride product, which then passes through a de-acidification resin bed to remove excess acids. The resulting concentrated, purified, pH adjusted, nickel chloride/nickel sulfate product is stored and added to the plating baths as required. This recovered nickel is of such purity that it can be safely returned to a semi-bright nickel plating bath.
- Recovers >95% of all nickel currently lost.
- Pre-assembled, pre-programmed, skid-mounted, pre-tested.
- Reduced chemical & waste treatment costs; eliminates nickel salt purchases.
- A range of compact, standard models to provide the most economical package for any decorative plater.
- Uses Eco-Tec’s highly efficient Recoflo ion exchange process for the greatest acid savings and minimal waste.
- Proven, quality, corrosion resistant components and materials selected for long service life in an anodizing facility.
- Complete factory assembly and testing in Eco-Tec’s ISO registered facility assures fast start-up and reliable operation.
- Ensures purified, pH balanced, concentrated nickel salt product; high quality rinsing suitable for return to a semi-bright nickel plating bath.