Eco-Tec - Spectrum Filter Uses Dual Particulate Media Layers
The Spectrum Filter is able to achieve its high level of performance by using two particulate media layers and a patented backwash process. An upper layer of coarse media allows for an extended service cycle by providing depth filtration of large particles while a lower layer of very dense micro media provides surface filtration of smaller particles.
The operating flux of the Spectrum Filter is two times that of a conventional multi-media filter, resulting in higher productivity, smaller vessels, and a reduction in capital and operating costs.
The Spectrum Filter outperforms conventional filtration and can extend reverse-osmosis membrane life up to 5 years when used as a pre-filtration step ahead of a reverse-osmosis system.
They can handle water with a suspended solids concentration in excess of 100 mg/L and provides a filtrate turbidity of less than 0.2 NTU.
- Our patented backwash process can reduce waste flows by as much as 90% and reduce waster volume.
- Capable of handling a variable feed water with turbidity as high as 100 NTU with no breakthrough of solid.
- Our pre-assembled and pre-tested skids are fully automated and ready to drop into place with easy installation and operation.
- With a significantly smaller vessel diameter, the Spectrum Filter can achieve the same throughput as a larger conventional filter.
- More product water is produced from less feed water while reducing your volumetric waste cost thus lowering your operating costs.