EnviroDEFENSE - Model ED 0202.1 - FOG Degrader
EnviroDEFENSE® FOG Degrader is a powdered product for use in wastewater systems and grease traps. The bacterial consortium present in this product produces lipase enzymes which target large oil and grease molecules, breaking them down into smaller molecules that are then metabolized by the bacteria to quickly degrade the fat and reduce the risk of blockages. As the lipase enzymes get to work free fatty acids are released, which reduces the pH, creating a harsh environment for bacteria. The strains in EnviroDEFENSE® FOG Degrader are specially selected to work effectively in lower pH ranges found in grease traps and grease interceptors.
They have been shown to break down a wide range of materials found in grease traps and grease interceptors:
- vegetable, soy, canola and olive oil
- solid fats such as lard, beef tallow and butter
- starch, proteins and cellulose
Grease build ups are often the cause of slow drain and sewage back-ups as well as creating drain odors and even pest problems. EnviroDEFENSE® FOG Degrader is developed for grease traps, associated drain lines and fat problems in water treatment plants.
- Degrades Organic Compounds
- Rapidly Reduces COD & BOD
- Reduces Sludge Volume & Odor
- Bulk Powder
- Water Soluble Packs
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: In addition to select strains of bacteria, EnviroDEFENSE® FOG Degrader contains the following enzymes for rapid degradation of waste:
- Protease: Digestion of Protein.
- Cellulase: Digestion of Cellulosic Particles.
- Lipase: Digestion of Fats & Oils.
Wastewater Treatment Routine Application:
*Rates Based On Every 500,000 Gallons Of Flow Per Day
Wastewater Treatment Start Up Application:
*Rates Based On Every 500,000 Gallons Of Flow Per Day. Use start up application for first 30 days then use routine application.
Septic/Cesspools & Drain Fields Routine Application:
Septic: 1 oz. (28.35 g) Per Month
Grease Trap: 1 lb. (0.45 kg) Per Month (Avg. 30 Gallon/113.55 Liter Trap)
PARAMETERS: For biology to work properly, certain conditions must exist:
- pH of the water maintained between 5.5 & 9.5.
- Temperature of the water above 10°C (50°F).
- Dissolved oxygen levels must be above 3 ppm.