Evapco - Model LSTE - Cooling Tower
Crafted from decades of engineering know-how, the LSTE cooling tower series from EVAPCO features state-of-the-art induced draft, counterflow technology to deliver superior operating advantages in any climate. From performance to maintenance, they simply work smarter. The standard in low-profile, low-sound, centrifugal fan, forced-draft cooling towers, these units are especially suited for indoor and ducted layouts and provide a unitary, compact design for tight layouts or height-restricted areas.
- The standard in low-sound, centrifugal fan, forced-draft closed cooling towers
- Suited for indoor and ducted layouts, ideal for exact replacement projects
- Ranging in capacity from 33 to 1,349 nominal tons
- IBC Compliant – Independently certified by the International Building Code to withstand seismic and wind load forces in North America
- Independently certified by the Cooling Technology Institute
- Available with FM Approved construction
Warm water from the heat source is pumped to the water distribution system at the top of the tower. The water is distributed over the wet deck fill by means of large orifice nozzles. Simultaneously, air is forced through the air inlet louvers at the base of the tower and travels upward through the wet deck fill opposite the water flow. A small portion of the water is evaporated which removes the heat from the remaining water. The warm moist air is forced to the top of the cooling tower by the fan and discharged to the atmosphere. The cooled water drains to the basin at the bottom of the tower and is returned to the heat source. The vertical air discharge of the LSTE design and the distance between the discharge air and fresh air intakes, reduces the chance of air recirculation, since the warm humid air is directed up and away from the unit.
- Constructed of inert polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Resistant to rot or decay
- Capable of water temperatures up to 130ºF
- Flame spread rating of 5 per ASTM-E84-81a
High-Efficiency Drift Eliminators
- Limits the drift rate to less than 0.001% of the recirculating water rate
- Limit the potential of spreading Legionella
- Constructed of an inert polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
Pressurized Water Distribution System
- Constructed of schedule 40 polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe and ABS plastic nozzles
- The piping is easily removable for cleaning
Stainless Steel Options
- Available in Type 304 or Type 316 Stainless Steel
- Available in various levels to give the protection you need
Sound Reducing Options
Available with multiple equipment options to reduce the overall sound generated from the side or top of the unit. Options include:
- Discharge attenuation
- Inlet attenuation
Water Treatment Systems
Available with water treatment systems, providing environmentally sensitive alternatives for treating water in evaporative cooled equipment.
- SmartShield solid chemical water treatment system
- Pulse-Pure CHEMICAL-FREE water treatment system
The LSTE product line can be optionally fitted with a ladder to aid in the maintenance of the cooling tower.