EVERZIT - Model Dol - Semi-Calcined Dolomite Filter Media
From EVERZIT Filter Materials - Deacidification
Semi-calcined dolomite filter media in accordance with EN 1017. EVERZIT® Dol is a filter media manufactured from natural dolomite (CaCO3 ⋅ MgCO3). It is primarily used for groundwater deacidification. Semi-calcined dolomite is formed by thermal decomposition which is precisely controlled to convert only the dolomite's magnesium carbonate component to magnesium oxide. The resultant filter media is significantly more reactive than e.g. pure calcium carbonate or even non-calcined natural dolomite.
Features and Benefits
- Homogenous porous grains with rough-textured surface
- Natural mineral refined by purely thermal treatment
- High reactivity
- Easy to handle
- Problem-free transition when EVERZIT® Dol replaces similar media used in existing filter systems
EVERZIT® Dol is used in single-layer filters or dual media filters for removal of dissolved aggressive carbon dioxide. Neutralization takes place up to attainment of calcium carbonate/carbonic acid equilibrium. Besides neutralization the process also realizes increased water hardness.
Additional beneficial effects of filtration with EVERZIT® Dol include:
- Removal of suspended particulates
- Iron and manganese removal
- Increased water hardness due to mineralization with MgCO3 und CaCO3
- Drinking water treatment
- Process water treatment
- 25 kg PE bags
- 1000 kg big bags
- Bulk transport in silo trucks
Chemical and Physical Characteristics
- CaCO3: approx. 68 %
- MgO: approx. 25 %
- CaO: approx. 1.0 %
- MgCO3: approx. 5.6 %
- Specific density: approx. 3.3 g/cm³
- Bulk density: approx. 1100 kg/m³
- pH value: approx. 11
I) 0.5 - 2.5 mm
II) 2.0 - 4.5 mm
Other grain-size ranges can be supplied in accordance with your specific requiremants.
Please feel free to contact us!
EVERZIT® Dol complies fully with the following standards and regulations:
- EN 1017
- German Drinking Water Ordinance 2001
- DVGW work sheet W 213
No reviews were found for EVERZIT - Model Dol - Semi-Calcined Dolomite Filter Media. Be the first to review!