ExactBlue - Microbial Testing Systems
Complete your water testing at the sampling point with the new ExactBlue testing system - an easy-to-use smartphone-based nanotech platform that offers quantitative results for total microbial contamination as well as biocides, all on one platform, within minutes! Quick, convenient, and accurate, ExactBlue is an indispensable tool in your water quality management strategy. ExactBlue allows water professionals to assess total microbial load and determine within minutes if a treated water source needs further action. ExactBlue brings together, on one platform, direct microbial and disinfection testing , making it an indispensable tool for water treatment professionals working on high-risk operations.
- On the spot results: With ExactBlue, there’s no need to transport samples to the lab. Test multiple samples, from different sources and locations, to determine if treatment is working or whether more action is required. Quantitative results available in 5-10 minutes, with reports ready for you to email to your client.
- Scope and reliability: ExactBlue detects a wide variety of viable (both culturable and nonculturable) microorganisms, giving you a more accurate indication of the presence of pathogenic or opportunistic microorganisms.
- Convenience: ExactBlue literally puts the power in your hands. It enable you to test multiple parameters (microbial load, free chlorine, hydrogen peroxide) immediately after sampling, and then analyse and track the results either online, or on your phone.
- Lower total cost: ExactBlue offers free software and cost-effective kits that will reduce your water testing expenses by over 50% when compared with lab testing.
- Quantified results: ExactBlue expresses microbial test results in Most Probable Number (MPN) or CFU/ml, so you can compare your results directly against CDC guidelines and take appropriate action.
Water treatment professionals currently rely on biocidal efficacy studies prepared in laboratory conditions to design and establish water treatment systems. Furthermore, the use of indirect monitoring methods, such as the analysis of disinfectant levels, is commonplace due to lack of cost-effective and accurate field testing technology. Inline monitoring at the point of entry does not provide enough information to keep a system under complete control due to the lack of downstream monitoring and analysis.
Moreover, there are microorganisms that have adapted and are resistant to chlorine treatment (eg. Pseudomonas, Cryptosporidium) or can overcome its biocidal effect (eg. Legionella). Their presence in water is not detected through classical chemical testing and therefore using chemical testing alone without additional microbial testing can lead to inconclusive results with regards to microbial contamination.
The ExactBlue testing system is an easy-to-use smartphone-based nanotech platform that screens for total microbial contamination as well as for biocides all on one platform. Quick, convenient, and accurate, ExactBlue is an indispensable tool for your water quality management strategy.
Our microbial-sensing technology is based on functionalized nanoparticles engineered to provide high sensitivity with quick response times, enabling a range of field applications. More specifically, the ExactBlue detection system uses specially created gold nanoparticles with a shape and charge designed to efficiently attach to the cell membrane of bacteria and other microorganisms. This reaction produces a measurable color change of the gold nanoparticle solution.
Detection Limit: 500 CFU/ml
Recommended sample volume: 40-50 ml
Accuracy: +/-20% across tested microorganisms
Quantitation Range: 500 - 20,000 CFU/ml
- broad spectrum detection of bacteria and fungi
- detects biofilm a levels over 1 microgram/ml
- detect both culturable and non-culturable cells
- DOES NOT DETECT: algae, viruses
- 1 Exact Blue 1.0 portable device
- App software including cloud storage accounts
Refill kit of 25 tests:
- Two 20 ml disposable syringe
- 25 filter cartridges
- 25 test vials
- 25 sterile saline vial