Franklin - Submonitor
From Submersible Turbine
Years of experience in designing and manufacturing our own motors mean that we also know how to protect them. Franklin’s single- and three-phase protective devices have been exclusively designed to help extend the life of Franklin motors. They monitor and diagnose motor load to prevent pump or motor failure due to adverse conditions such as low-flow wells, pump damage, clogging, bound pump, or power mishaps.
With Franklin Electric’s SubMonitor, you can protect against adverse conditions such as low-yielding wells, pump damage, clogging, bound pumps and power mishaps. SubMonitor is designed to protect three-phase motor and pump systems with ratings between 3 and 200 hp.
Current, voltage and motor temperature are monitored using three integrated current transformers. A digital display provides current and voltage readings for all three legs and allows the user to set up the SubMonitor quickly and easily. Data can be downloaded to a PC using Franklin’s D3 device.
SubMonitor protects against:
- Under/Overload n False Start (Chattering) n Overheated Motor (Subtrol-equipped)
- Under/Overvoltage n Current Unbalance n Phase Reversal
- Premium Package: 586 000 5100
- Standard Unit: 586 000 5000
- Display Only: 225 190 902
- Base Only :225 210 902
- D3 Data Download Tool: 585 001 1100
Input Voltage: 190 – 600 VAC
Frequency: 60/50 Hz
Motor Service Factor Amps: 5 to 350 Amps
Maximum Conductor Size Through Sensors
- Max Diameter: 0.920 in. (23 mm)
- Motor Under/Overload, Under/Overvoltage, Overheat, Unbalance: 3 seconds
Control Circuit Rating: 1.5 Amp AC, up to 600 volts
Signal Circuit Rating: 1 Amp AC, up to 250 volts (Incandescent lamp: 100 watts max)
- Wire Gauge: #12 to #18 AWG
- Tighten to: 4.5 in-lbs
Weight (SubMonitor): 3.3 lbs/1.5 kg
Carton Size (Std. Unit): 7.75 in x 11.5 in x 6.75 in (19.7 cm x 29.2 cm x 17.1 cm)
Shipping Weight (Std. Unit): 3.5 lbs/1.5 kg
Agency Approval:UL 508 Listed
Detachable Display Unit
The detachable display unit displays and stores data it receives from the base unit. A communication cable connects the display to the base unit.
- Easy menu-driven setup and adjustment of monitoring parameters.
- Real time display of voltage and current for each leg.
- Can be mounted on panel door for easy access (mounting kit available).
- NEMA 3R enclosure.
- Password protection option.
- Fault light can be seen from a distance – indicates that a trip has occurred and that a fault message is being displayed.
- Turn-and-push adjustment knob.
- 502-event history (downloadable to PC with optional D3 unit – sold separately).
The base unit contains the current sensors and the electronics that monitor motor leads. It can operate independently of the detachable head.
- Can be mounted with 4 screws or with DIN rail.
- Integrated current transformers.
- Dual-colored fault light indicates.
- Green: OK (system is operating normally)
- Red: TRIPPED (a fault has occurred)
- Power, control and alarm terminal connectors are removable for easy access.
- Port for communication cable between base and display.
- Reset button allows manual restart after a trip has occurred.