From Ductless Fume Hoods
The Fume-Box ductless enclosures are designed to protect the user from chemicals vapors or non-toxic powders during low-volume chemical manipulations by effectively containing low concentrations of noxious fumes, vapors, or powders.
Air Science Fume-Box ductless enclosures are designed to protect the user from chemicals vapors or powders during low-volume chemical manipulations by effectively containing low concentrations of noxious fumes, vapors, or powders.
- Low-profile, completely portable, no ductwork required.
- Compact size, easily positioned on shallow countertops or counters with overhanging wall cabinets.
- Clear viewing enclosure prevents chemical splash.
- Modular design permits multiple configurations.
- Cover slipping
- Graphic arts, sign shops
- Art conservation
- Electronics assembly
- Particulate control
- Manufacturing processes
- Air purification
Fume Box, AP60H shown with Multiplex filtration system.
Room air enters from the front of the cabinet through the pre-filter where larger particles are trapped, increasing the service life of the main filter.
The Fume Box maintains a constant face velocity of 100 fpm in compliance with U.S.A. and international standards for safety and performance. Contaminated air is pulled through the Multiplex filtration system where activated carbon adsorbs chemical vapors and/or particulates if HEPA/ULPA filters are used. Clean air is returned to the room.
A. The main filter is easy to replace. The filter clamps tightly against the filter gasket to prevent filter bypass and to maintain filter integrity.
Pre Filter. The electrostatic pre-filter protects the main filters from aerosols, dust and particulates with filtration efficiency superior to 95.5% down to 0.5 microns.
Main Filter. Activated Carbon FILTCO Sourced. A single carbon filter containing chemically-formulated activated carbon granules is selected when ordering to accommodate a specific vapor or family of vapors.
HEPA Filter. A self-contained Camfil-Farr HEPA filter is designed to physically capture particles larger than 0.3 microns.
Air Science carbon filters are based on enhanced, activated carbon particle formulations from specially selected, naturally occurring raw material superior to wood or other organic sources. Our carbon is treated to attain the proper porosity and aggregate surface area and to react with several ranges of aerosolized chemicals moved through the filter by an air handling blower.
The following table specifies the standard formulations of carbon available within our MultiPlex Filtration Technology.
- Main On/Off Switch: High quality rocker On/Off switch controls unit power.
- Steel Support Frame: The chemical resistant epoxy coated steel frame adds mechanical strength.
- Electrostatic Pre-Filter: The 99.5% effective electrostatic pre-filter is accessible from inside the chamber to contain the release of any particulates that it traps.
- Color: The cabinet is white with blue trim; side and back panels are clear.
- Enclosed Filtration Chamber: Main filters can be carbon and/or HEPA/ULPA to fit a variety of containment needs.