Geno/Grinder - Model 2010 - Automated Tissue Homogenizer and Cell Lyser
The Geno/Grinder is an automated high-throughput plant & animal tissue homogenizer and cell lyser. It is equipped with an adjustable clamp that accommodates a full range of sample vials from 2mL to 50mL centrifuge tubes or up to six deep-well titer plates. It is specifically designed for rapid cell disruption, cell lysis and tissue homogenization, enabling fast and efficient extraction of nucleic acids, proteins and other molecules of interest.
- Automated mechanical disruption ideal for high-throughput applications involving sample preparation for DNA, RNA, and protein extractions, pesticide residue analysis, and more.
- LCD display shows full run time and time remaining in minutes and seconds.
- Designed for vigorous up-and-down shaking of deep-well titer plates, vial sets, and centrifuge tubes.
- Optional Kryo-Tech Accessories enable cryogenic grinding and preserve temperature sensitive samples for RNA and protein extractions.
- Adjustable clamp with a release button that allows users to secure vials or titer plates of various sizes.
- Lid has safety interlock switch that stops the motor if the lid is opened during grinding.
- Strong vertical clamp movement of 500-1750 strokes/minute ensures that grinding media directly impact the sample each and every time.
- Typical sample processing time of 1-2 minutes.
- Voltage 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz
- CE Approved Yes
- Dimensions 15.00 in (38.1 cm) wide x 20.49 in. (52 cm) deep x 25.25 in.(64.1 cm) high
- Net Weight (lbs) 87 lbs (39.5kg)
- Gross Weight (lbs) 115 lbs (52.2kg)
- Motor 1/3 hp
- Power Cord 3-prong grounded plug, 115V 60Hz
- Clamp Movement 1.25in (3.2cm) vertical
- Clamp Speed Adjustable from 500-1750 strokes/minute
- Timer/Controls Digital display in Minutes:Seconds (max 20:00)
A full range of Kryotech® accessories are available to preserve temperature sensitive samples such as proteins and RNA. The Geno/Grinder is also recognized as an excellent automatic axial extractor and is ideal for the QuEChERS method for extracting pesticide residues and other organic compounds.
The Geno/Grinder enables increased throughput, improved extraction efficiency and reproducibility over traditional sample preparation methods. A full range of pre-loaded sample vials for different sample types is also available for fast and simple set up.
Applications include: Tissue Homogenization, DNA/RNA Research and extraction, Cell Lysis, Pesticide Residue Extraction, Protein Extraction, Biofuel research and QuEChERS.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, Plant Tissue, Cell cultures, Fruit, Cannabis, Seeds, Yeast and Bacteria.