Geoprob - Model 6610DT - Compact Size Direct Push Drilling Machine
From Direct Push Rigs
The compact size of the Model 6610DT direct push machine gets you in to confined spaces to get the work done. Because the weight of the unit is evenly distributed over both tracks, the Model 6610DT can easily maneuver through shallow water, soft sands, or muddy fields. But its convenient structure doesn't sacrifice strength... the 6610DT is as powerful as the truck-mounted 66 series units with 42,000 pounds of pull.
The Model 6610DT features a remote control for ease of use, an easy-to-read control panel, side-mounted receiver tubes for expanded tool storage, and steel guards to protect hydraulic lines and hoses on the undercarriage.
Geoprobe® Model 6610DT Up Close & Personal
6610DTMatrix Environmental in Galena, OH, installed 2.0 in. monitoring well at a gas station site in central Ohio where space was at a premium. Clearance width at the site was 5 feet; track width on the machine was 4 feet. An outdoor water faucet (hidden from view) also had to be avoided. The owner is attempting to show the gas station is having no impact on the creek to the left . Andrew Kirsch, Operations Manager for Matrix Environmental in Galena reports that although 1-in. prepacked screen monitoring wells are approved in Ohio, his client still prefer the 2-in. monitoring well. The well was set to 24 feet.
- 66-inch (1676 mm) probe cylinder stroke allows use of 5-foot (1,5 m) probe rods
- 21 ton (187 kN) pulling capacity for today's larger sampling tools and deeper depths
- Equipped with the powerful GH60 Soil Probing Hammer, exclusively from Geoprobe® Systems
- Corded Paddle Remote
- Built-in rotary spindle for concrete drilling, augering, and anchoring
- Two-speed probe cylinder cycles from bottom to top in less than 5 seconds
- Independently driven rubber tracks
- Powered by a four-cylinder, 54 HP, liquid-cooled Kubota turbo diesel engine
- Hydraulic movement in all three axes allows easy probe alignment with tool string
- Auxiliary hydraulic ports provide power for remote equipment
- Compatible with Geoprobe® brand Tooling and Logging Equipment