From Green Energy
Our green fuel is:
- Low carbon
- Made from waste that already exists
- Healthier than regular fuel
- Avoids food vs. fuel challenges
- Endorsed by leading environmental groups, such as WWF-Canada
- Audited annually by Deloitte
Bullfrog Power’s green fuel is an earth-friendly, renewable alternative to liquid fossil fuel, allowing climate-conscious businesses in Canada to reduce the environmental impact of their transportation.
Why green fuel?
- Transportation is responsible for more than a quarter of all emissions in North America.
- When paired with renewable power, electric vehicles present an emissions-free alternative; however, today, EVs represent less than 0.1% of vehicles on the road.
- Bullfrog Power’s green fuel gives organizations the ability to address their transportation-related emissions while helping to green the Canadian fuel system and lower our dependence on petroleum based products.
Our green fuel is:
- Low carbon: At least an 85% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions vs. conventional petroleum-based fuel.
- Healthier: Rapidly biodegradable, carcinogen-free and low in other pollutants and particulate emissions.
- Made from waste: Sources may include underutilized or landfill-destined materials, such as used cooking oils from restaurants.
- Avoids food versus fuel: Doesn’t require land to grow biofuel crops, preventing food vs. fuel conflicts.
How it works
Bullfrog Power ensures that renewable fuel is injected onto the Canadian fuel system on its customers’ behalf, displacing polluting fossil fuels litre-for-litre.
- Bullfrog Power sources from biodiesel producers that repurpose waste streams such as cooking oils from restaurants and kitchen facilities.
- Bullfrog Power works directly with renewable energy developers, operators and in this case producers and distributors (blenders) to ensure the green energy is produced and injected into the appropriate energy system.
- Bullfrog Power’s green fuel is audited by Deloitte to verify that as much green fuel has been injected onto the Canadian fuel system as our customers have purchased and that we have retired all GHG emissions credits related to customer contracts, thereby preventing double counting of GHG reductions.
Who supports green fuel?
“To reduce the threat of climate change to people and species, the world needs to move to 100 per cent renewable energy by 2050. Renewable transportation fuels can be a critical part of the solution—and Bullfrog is helping to accelerate their development.”