Grimm - Model SMPS+C and TSI SMPS - Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer
GRIMM DMAs feature the Vienna-type design (Reischl et al. 1997, Winkelmayr et al. 1990), well known for highest resolution and lowest diffusional losses even for small particles. GRIMM offers a flexible design of the Vienna-type DMA with two electrodes of different length to accommodate a variety of experimental needs. For the detection we offer two assorted product lines of CPCs described in detail on separate data sheets.
- Size distributions from 5 to 1094 nm
- Concentrations of up to 109/cmJ
- Two Vienna type DMAs
- Rugged and reliable
- Butanol safety features (anti-spill, odor removal)
- Fully automated use with our software
- Analog inputs for climatic sensors
- Self-test upon start-up assures highest reliability
GRIMM's 32-bit program operates all our ultra-fine counters and SMPS systems. This user-friendly program will guide the customer in setting the parameters which are then stored directly in the UPC. The program allows the setting of all operating parameters such as:
- Control of the UPC as counter with sample air flow and interval time, location, power management, battery charging, automatic Zero Test, pre-selectable alarm and the pre-selectable auto start/stop function as well as measurement interval time from 1 sec to 15 min.
- Control of the SMPS system with the sheath air supply system, zero system test, selection of the desired size channels up to 255 sizes, channels and the selectable measurement size and time range from 9 - 90 seconds.
Raw data presentation capabilities such as:
- Mean values of all spectra’s obtained
- Immediate numeric and graphic data presentation in count mode
- Immediate accumulative and differential count presentation
- Export raw data and calculated data
- Graphic and numeric presentation of up to 255 different size channels
- Direct printout of results via the RS-232 of UPC
- Removable data card processing
- Modem capabilities for remote access and control
- Data export in ASCII format for use in spreadsheet programs. Also direct data to printer transfer.
- Conversion calculation of the counts results obtained for auto-selectable multiple charge calculation
- Auto channel selection for triangle calculation
- Driver logic program
- Surface size distribution presentation
- Log-normal size distribution presentation
- Environmental PM-1 mass distribution.
- Fundamental aerosol research
- Inhalation & exposure studies
- Environmental & climatic studies
- Studies on NP growth, coagulation & transport
- Filter testing
- Engine exhaust studies
- Mobile aerosol studies
- Workplace monitoring