The analysis, which takes less than 1 minute, is performed by placing a small amount of the unknown substance on to the diamond ATR sensor and applying pressure with an integrated press for solid samples. The sample interface also includes an integrated well for the containment of liquid samples. A second, touch-to-sample, diamond ATR interface is available for the analysis of pooled liquids and surface films, and enables robotic applications.
HazMatID Elite has the widest thermal and solar operational range of any portable chemical identifier. Its revolutionary optical engine also provides high vibration immunity and resistance to mechanical disturbances seen during vehicle or human transportation.
It has intuitive software and a large display screen and keypad controls for ease of operation in protective gear.
PC-based command software provides advanced data-handling capabilities for specialised users.
It is certified to MIL-STD-810G for use in harsh conditions and high temperatures.
- Integrated pressure device for analysis of solid materials, plus direct touch-to-sample capability
- Automated analysis of mixtures with priority alerting for explosives, CWA, TIC and narcotics
- Long-range, embedded RF wireless transmission
- MIL-STD-810G Rugged and IP67 for decon
- Technology: Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- Size: 26.9 x 14.3 x 7.9cm (10.625 x 5.625 x 3.125in)
- Weight: 2.29kg (5.05lbs)
- Sample interface: Diamond ATR sensor with integrated solid press and liquids well . Second, touch-to-sample diamond ATR sensor for direct sampling
- Decon: IP-67 rated and sealed for decontamination by immersion
- Operational ranges: Operational in extreme weather and temperatures ranging from 20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F). Humidity ranging from 0-100%. -20 to 50°C (-4 to 122°F). Humidity ranging from 0-100%.
- User interface: 4.3 inches internally-bonded LCD colour display for high visibility in direct sunlight conditions Individually-lit keypad and instructional graphics guide users through the operation of the device
- Power: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery for 4 hours of operation Disposable 123A battery compatible
- Wireless: Embedded RF modem for 1km line-of-sight data transfer and command control FIPS 140-2-compliant encryption, GPS included FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption GPS included
- External data storage: Full USB support
- Libraries: 10,000 spectra of chemical warfare agents, explosives, narcotics, TICs, pesticides, white powder, and other chemical classes. User-defined libraries transferable from the HazMatID.
- Command PC software: Advanced software package for data management and spectral reprocessing against upgraded databases (up to 35,000 spectra)
- Repeater: RF repeater for extending the wireless data transfer range
- Colours: Olive, Yellow