The HBV model is a well-known model for the calculation and modelling of flows. The calculations are carried out on a calibrated river with observations for water level and volume of discharge and with observations and forecasts for precipitation and temperature. IHMS is the user interface which makes the modelling work easier.
- A tool for hydrological work within the hydroelectric power industry, authorities and research
- To calculate and forecast flows in rivers
- Calculations for the transport of substances in watercourses.
- Runoff modelling of areas where there are no observed flows
- Simpler regulation strategies can be added to the model
- Used by the hydrological forecast and warning services at SMHI
- Statistical analyses
- Time series with real-time data for observations, forecasts and calculated water balance parameters
- Integrated graphs makes it possible to see the connection between precipitation, temperature, ground water levels and rate of discharge with time resolution
- Statistical analyses, such as meteorological and hydrological mean values, where the period can be determined by the user
- Tables can be created from statistical analyses and be exported to different formats.