Hedgehog - Mid-IR Laser Laser System
Hedgehog Mid-IR Laser: Tune 100s of cm-1 at 1000 cm-1/s. Cute name. Fearsome performance. Ideal for laboratory or OEM use, the Hedgehog Mid-IR Laser is DRS Daylight’s next-generation tunable laser head. Built on our proven External Cavity Quantum Cascade Laser™ technology, the Hedgehog laser is a unique combination of small size, tuning speeds to > 5000 cm-1/s, CW or pulsed output, high power, TEM00 beam quality, and unmatched spectral repeatability.
Molecular spectroscopy applications benefit from rapid, high-SNRdata acquisition. Probing multiple molecules, or probing an absorption feature with high dynamic range, also benefits from broad mid-IRtuning. The Hedgehog system provides these benefits, with its wide, rapid tuning across the mid-IRspectrum, low-noise output, and high spectral and spatial beam quality. Its sealed, alignment-free design andGUIandSDKincluded as standard let you access this performance with ease.
Select from three standard Hedgehog models: Hedgehog (tunes up to 200 cm-1), Hedgehog-UT (tunes up to 400 cm-1), and Hedgehog-LT (tunes up to 30 cm-1).
- Wavelength availability: 3-13 µm
- Tune up to 400 cm-1 at speeds up to 5000 cm-1/s
- CW* or pulsed output (up to 3 MHz/30% duty)*
- Ultra-quietCW: RIN as low as -140 dBc/Hz enables higher-SNR spectroscopy
- Superior wavelength repeatability for higher-accuracy spectroscopy
- Superb TEM00 beam quality and low beam pointing allows fiber coupling
- High output power for high SNR* of > 1 W (peak) and > 0.5 W (average)
- SideKick™ controller,GUI, andSDKstandard with all systems
- ProprietaryHFQD™ circuitry protects your chips
*Requires suitable chip(s).
- Standoff detection
- Process control
- Atmospheric research
- Nanoscale imaging and spectroscopy
- TIC, VOC, GHG chemical and biological agent detection
- Combustion diagnostics
- Biomedical diagnostics
- Protein analysis
- Photoacoustic spectroscopy