Helios - Soil & Core Analyzer
Field portable NMR analyzer optimized for soils and core samples. Helios NMR measurements enable rapid quantification of fluid content and hydrogeologic properties including the total porosity, bound/mobile fluid fractions, pore size distribution, and permeability. Helios’ unique design features allow robust measurements of hydrologic properties over a wide range of core size and lithology.
Helios key capabilities include:
- Laboratory precision in a field portable, lightweight rugged design
- Handles soil and rock cores in a wide variety of shapes and sizes
- Low-field, high-bandwidth operation enables accurate measurement of water content in magnetically susceptible rocks and sediments
- Short echo spacing (~200 us) enables high SNR and high accuracy measurement of water in clays and unsaturated samples
- Water resources
- Determination of bound/mobile water fractions
- Estimation of hydraulic conductivity
- Development of NMR logging aquifer permeability models
- Mining – moisture content in ore cuttings and core samples
- Environmental remediation – detailed analysis of water-bearing properties of core samples
Features included in Helios are patented as follows: US 10,302,733
Maintaining laboratory precision, Helios’ lightweight and rugged design allows measurement in the field. With a mobile configuration, you can quantify water content and hydrological properties immediately after collecting samples.
Soil and rock cores come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Helios has interchangeable detection coils appropriate for different core diameters, and removable doors to enable continuous measurement of long undisturbed cores.
Helios operates in a much lower field and with a higher relative bandwidth than other NMR analyzers, enabling more accurate measurement of water content in magnetically susceptible rocks and sediments.
- Frequency: 454 kHz
- Echo Spacing: 200 μs
- Max Core Diameter: 1.5 – 4in (38 - 102mm)
- Coil Diameter: 1.5 – 4in (38 - 102mm)
- NMR Sensor Weight: 50 lb (23kg)
- Control Unit Weight: 20lb (9kg)
- Power: 110V AC or 220V AC
- Laptop Interface: USB/Windows