Hitachi High-Tech - Model Vulcan Range - Handheld LIBS Analysers
Vulcan is one of the fastest metals analysers that is built to last. Just squeeze the trigger and one second later the result appears. As it uses Laser Induced Breakdown (LIBS) technology, you won’t need to worry about X-rays. Whether your business is scrap sorting or PMI quality control Vulcan delivers accurate and consistent grade ID every time.
It’s the fastest analyser on the market. There’s nothing quicker. Reliable grade ID in just one second.
- Advanced data management with LiveConnect
Managing the data Vulcan produces is also a much easier task. Transfer and store all your results securely in the LiveConnect cloud and use the most advanced reporting tools on the market.
- Rugged and durable
Designed to withstand harsh environments and tough enough to be used in a scrapyard. Its measurement optics are protected by sapphire glass, one of the toughest materials available.
- Long battery life
You can operate Vulcan for a full day on a single battery.
- Simple to use
It’s easy to pick up and operate without referring to a manual. With a short learning curve, you will be up and running with Vulcan in no time.
Vulcan provides great value for money and guarantees a real return on your investment. Here are just a few compelling reasons to make the switch from using an XRF tool to acquiring the best laser analyser on the market.
- Accurate and precise
- Comfortable and practical to use
- Advanced data management
- Low cost of ownership
- Built to last
- Easy to get started, simple to use
- Significantly increase productivity
- Comfortable and practical to use
- A tried and trusted tool
- Analyse a wide range of alloys
- Works almost invisibly
- One of the fastest analysers on the market
- Laser Scanning Mechanism
Tested for 20 000 000 cycles.
Complies with MIL-STD-810G,
METHOD 514.6 (PROCEDURE I).
- Operating Drop
Complies with MIL-STD-810G, METHOD 516.6 (PROCEDURE IV). Tested with 26 consecutive drops through every angle.
- Temperature Exposure
Tested for extreme temperatures and temperature changes. Widest operating temperature range of any handheld LIBS device 0-40°C or 32-104°F
- Dust and Water Ingress
Complies with IP54 certification (NEMA 3 equivalent). Tested to be dust and splash water proof.
LiveConnect (previously known as OiConnect) is the most advanced data management tool in the industry
- Cloud-based service for storing and managing analysis data: access your data anytime, anywhere
- Real-time results transfer from the analyser to the LiveConnect cloud via Wi-Fi:
- The Vulcan handheld LIBS analysers connect directly to LiveConnect: no app needed
- The X-MET7000 and X-MET8000 handheld XRF analysers transfer results to the LiveConnect cloud service via the LiveConnect iPhone or Android app.
- Chemistry, grade ID, camera images, spectra, additional information etc are stored in one secure location
- Flexible reporting tool: create customised tamper-proof (PDF) reports or .CSV document for further data evaluation
- Register your Vulcan and X-MET analysers and manage your fleet’s results from a single account!
Simple to use
Intuitive user interface combined with point-and shoot analysis reduces or even removes the chance of user-related errors
Advanced Data Management
Transfer and store all your results securely in our cloud service and use one of the most advanced reporting tools on the market.Vulcan also connects with your mobile to add photos to the results and to share data instantly.
Robust and Durable
Splash water and dust proof, Vulcan’s measurement optics are protected by sapphire glass, one of the toughest materials available.
Long Battery Life
A single battery charge will last up to 8 hours when analysing one sample every 5 seconds. Two batteries are included in the delivery.
Significantly increase productivity
Increasing the number of analyses a day can make all the difference, especially with large inventory checks.
Low cost of ownership
As Vulcan is a laser tool, there is no need for staff to attend expensive and time consuming radiation classes and certification training.
Built to last
IP54 certified, NEMA3 equivalent and complies with MIL-STD-810G military grade for ruggedness.
It’s a second generation instrument developed by the people with the most experience in the handheld LIBS market.