HORIBA - Model MEXA-1400QL-NX - Exhaust Gas Analyzer
The MEXA-1400QL-NX is an exhaust gas analyzer for four nitrogen compounds simultaneously,i.e. NO, NO2, N2O and NH3, utilizing mid-infrared Quantum Cascade Laser technology. By using the high power, high resolution lasers, the analyzer can measure each component accurately,even in low concentrations, with minimum interference from other components in engine exhaust gas. It is suitable for the R&D measurements related to the latest legislative concerns (NO2, N2O and NH3) as well as the development of exhaust after-treatment devices.
Utilizing Quantum Cascade Laser
Simultaneous Measurement of Four Nitrogen Compounds with High Accuracy
- For Certification and R&D of advanced NOx after-treatment systems
- For developing new NOx after-treatment systems such as urea-SCR,
- CRTs and Lean NOx Traps (LNTs)
- As an R&D tool for new regulations
- For EPA GHG: highly accurate, measurement of N2O
- For Euro VI HDD: NH3 measurement for active NOx removal devices
- Simultaneous real-time measurement of four nitrogen compounds (NO, NO2, N2O and NH3)
- Potential to be integrated in the HORIBA MEXA-7000 system※
- Wide dynamic range: e.g. NO can be measured at the range of 0-10 ppm to 0-5000 ppm
- Fast response measurement with the analyzer installed near the engine NO/NO2/N2O: less than 2 seconds as T10-T90 response (at the flow of 8 L/min)
Key Features of “QCL” Technology
- Measurements in the mid-infrared region: provides highly sensitive measurements of many gases
- Wide Dynamic Range:
- Low concentration measurement by combining a high power laser as light source with a long path cell.
- Minimum interference from co-existing components: high resolution spectrum (up to 0.001 cm-1)※ .
- Ease of Use: No liquid N2 required for either laser source or detector