HYDRAcap is used to treat surface water, ground water, seawater and waste waters as either primary treatment or as pretreatment to reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF). Compared to conventional pretreatment, HYDRAcap allows for higher fluxes for RO and NF systems while maintaining longer intervals between cleanings. In some cases it replaces conventional pretreatment for potable applications, ground water recharging and water recycling.
Filtration Mode: Feed water flows inside fiber and filtrate is collected in the central core tube. This is known as inside/out filtration.
Backwash Mode: Filtrate is pressurized and flow is reversed such that accumulated solids are purged from the fibers.
- Low fouling hydrophilic polyethersulfone membrane
- Tolerant to chlorine, peroxide and other oxidants. Resistant to pH extremes
- Exhibits 5 log (99.999 %) removal for bacteria, giardia, cryptosporidium and 4 log removal for viruses, and reduces turbidity to z 0.06 NTU
- Operating flexibility, direct or cross-flow filtration
- DHS (CA), DEP (MA), NSF/EPA, ACS (France), DWI (UK) certifications for materials of construction, operation and pathogen removal efficiency.
- Significantly better fíltrate quality when compared to conventional pretreatment, exhibiting 100% removal of colloidal material
- Product quality is stable even during feedwater variations
- Single-step treatment reduces operations costs and increases efficiency
- Can significantly reduce use of pretreatment chemicals
- Backwash disposal is less problematic
- Increased efficiency of RO membrane system design and operation, contributing to reduced capital and operational cost
- Maximizes RO performance by allowing elements to operate longer with less cleaning
- Low pressure operation