Intra Aqua - Acid Mineral
Complete suppression of pathogens from poultry production is a challenging task. There are more bacteria in the gut than cells in the body, which highlights the importance of a healthy microbiota. Every day, an animal is exposed to about 1 billion pathogens and their oral uptake needs to be eliminated as soon as possible to prevent colonization in the gut. The proximal gut serves as a frontline and an early-defence approach by creating an unfavourable environment for microbial growth in the crop and stomach have proven to be effective preventive measures. This can be achieved by drinking water acidification.
Organic acids reduce the pH of the water and proximal part of the gut, which has a growth inhibiting effect on pathogens and stimulates the establishment of a balanced intestinal microbiota. Highly bioavailable chelated zinc contained in this specially formulated blend helps to enhance gut wall integrity.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE INTRA AQUA ACID MINERAL
- A premium organic blend with a dual mode of action for an optimal gut environment Intra Aqua Acid Mineral contains a carefully selected blend of premium quality organic acids which have a synergistic effect on microbial control.
- Supports microbial balance and poultry performance An imbalance in gut microbiota will cause issues like diarrhea (causing wet litter) and undigested feed which affects overall poultry performance and eventually farmers profit.
- Helps to reduce moisture levels in feces High moisture levels in feces is an indication of an imbalance in the gut microbiota. It causes wet litter which is associated with several welfare issues such as footpad dermatitis and reduced air quality due to elevated ammonia levels.
- Benefits protein enzyme functioning which promotes optimal protein utilisation Protein enzyme production is activated by a low stomach pH. Intra Aqua Acid Mineral reduces stomach pH which optimizes protein enzyme activation and therefore protein utilization.
- Highly bioavailable chelated zinc to support gut wall integrity Zinc may enhance the gut barrier function and aid in restoring the gut lining, ensuring that the intestinal wall is strong and non-porous. Bioavailability is essential for optimal uptake by the intestinal wall.
- A unique organic blend of liquid amino acids and chelated minerals Intra Nutri-Mix contains a synergistic blend of organic acids, 4 different amino acids and chelated zinc and copper.
- Supports the performance of chicks in their first week of life Intra Nutri-Mix is best used from the first day of life up to the end of the first week, with maintenance of drinking line cleanliness at least once a week with Intra Hydrocare.
- Supports and sustains gut health during challenging periods Intra Nutri-Mix can also be used to provide support during stressful periods with significant gastrointestinal challenge such as feed transition periods or transport/transfer.
- Contains highly bioavailable Zinc for support of gut wall integrity Intra Nutri-Mix contains chelated zinc, which is better absorbed and can assist in the up-regulation of tight junction proteins leading to reduced gut permeability, and better gut integrity.
- Targets the 3 B's: Boost, Build, Balance
'There is increasing awareness on the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, resulting in antibiotics being ineffective for both humans and animals.'
For many years, antibiotics were the main choice to control microbial load in poultry. With the call for reduction in use and its eventual ban in animal feeds, it has become a major challenge especially for gut health, animal performance and also pathogen control.
The general dosage of Intra Aqua Acid Mineral is around 1 / 1000L of drinking water. The goal is to use a dosage of Intra Aqua Acid Mineral resulting in a pH of the drinking water between 3.8 - 4.2 (typical 4.0). This dosage can be determined by a simple measurement of your own drinking water, either by pH meter or pH strips which are provided with the bottle/can.
Instructions usage Intra Aqua Acid Mineral
Before starting with Intra Aqua Acid Mineral check dosage with pH strips
- Dip the coloured part of the strip into water collected from the end of the drinking line.
- Wait one minute and compare with color scale of the dosage strip package. The color indicator will tell if the dosage is too low, perfect or too high.
- Adjust the dose when necessary until a pH of 3.8 - 4.2 is reached.
At Intracare, we believe that clean drinking lines are the foundation for optimal performance.
Therefore, we encourage producers to maintain drinking line cleanliness by using Intra Hydrocare at least once a week.