iRIS - Model 150 - GPRS Dataloggers
From Remote Monitoring
The iRIS 150 GPRS Dataloggers have been designed as a cost effective, low power, self contained dataloggers for use in a wide range of data gathering and logging applications. The GPRS dataloggers are supplied in a powder-coated die-cast aluminum enclosure. Power supply and I/O connections are provided by a small screw terminal block within the GPRS datalogger. Cable access is via two NG12 glands on the bottom edge of the GPRS datalogger's enclosure. A small text/graphics LCD provides the user display and user input is via a four key keypad in the same style as other iRIS GPRS dataloggers.
The iRIS 150 GPRS Dataloggers support a maximum of four virtual sensors, the sources of which can be chosen from a range of physical digital or analog types. Each sensor recorded by the the GPRS dataloggers have two associated alarms, each with separate trigger and reset levels. Each alarm also has an optional duration, which is used to delay the GPRS datalogger's alarm trigger for analog inputs and to determine the time over which pulse input counters should be totalised (rainfall, flow meter pulse etc). The GPRS dataloggers record data in a four word (8 byte) compressed format which includes full date and time to fractions of a second. The alarm(s) can be linked to the GPRS datalogger's digital output to activate external equipment when one or more alarms are activated.
GPRS Cellular Modem
The iRIS 150 requires the iCE3 GPRS cellular modem to provide remote telemetry data acquisition. The GPRS cellular modem has been designed as a cost effective, low power, self-contained circuit extender to enable communication with equipment over a wireless (GPRS) network connection. The GPRS datalogger's cellular modem includes software which provides the GPRS network link management, data transfer and configuration view/edit functionality. The iCE3 GPRS cellular modem comes standard with a DC power lead and a host device (RS232) cable. The GPRS cellular modem's SMA antenna connector allows the use of a small stubby antenna (optional accessory) or alternatively, a coaxial cable to a higher gain external antenna for use in areas where signal strength is lower.
- Store more than 1,000,000 time/date stamped recordings
- RS-232 Interface and GPRS data mode for remote data collection
- 2 Alarms per Data Recording Channel
- Optional GPRS modem for remote telemetry
The iRIS 150 GPRS datalogger can be used for a wide range of applications including:
- Rainfall measurement
- Water/power/gas metering
- River level monitoring
- Wind measurement
- Mobile temperature monitoring
- Irrigation monitoring/control
- Memory: Non-volatile 8MB flash storage of 1,048,576 time/date stamped data points. Circular buffer mode (oldest data is overwritten when the buffer is full).
- Clock/Calendar: Non-volatile with the integral lithium battery. Clock is fully Y2K compliant with leap year recognition. Accurate to +20 secs month.
- Resolution: 12-Bit
- Channels: 2-Analog (0-5V), 2-Digital Inputs (30Vdc Max In), 1-Digital Outputs (Open drain pull down, max 300mA @ 30V)
- SDI-12 Interface: SDI-12 hardware interface that fully complies with the SDI-12 electrical standard.
- Communication: 1x RS232 DB9, DTE configuration. Fixed speed - 38400 bps. Or 1200bps / 9600bps when active in telemetered mode. 1x USB slave via mini USB connector. NOTE: The USB connector is unavailable unless the front cover is opened which will negate the IP65 rating. Contact us for details on the USB connection.
- Power Supply: Primary supply - external 6-15V dc power supplies can be connected. Internal 3.6V 2400mA/Hr lithium battery which is normally used as a backup. The internal backup battery is disconnected when the external supply present or USB is connected. Nominal external supply current is 0.5mA with LCD backlight off.
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 158°F (-10 to 70°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 185°F (-20 to 85°C)
- Enclosure: Powder coated die-cast aluminum.
- Size: 4.5x3.1x1.3in (115x79x32mm) (LxWxH) (Including RS232 connector and glands)
- Weight: 9.9oz (281g) including lithium battery