ISVE - Model ESC Series - Vacuum Dryer With Top Opening
The ESC series vacuum dryers are particularly suitable for carpenter workshops with problems of space. Top opening means that the whole length of the autoclave can be used without having to extract the carriage, thus drastically reducing the overall size. For the small craftsman ISVE also offers the ESC Junior series and the ES Junior series mini dryer.
The machine, operating at low temperatures, allows the timber to lose its water content without subjecting it to thermal changes which can cause cracking and warping.
The evaporated water which remains in suspension in the container keeps the drying material surface continuously humidified, avoiding in this way the formation of small cracks where in other drying systems is quite frequent.
The humidity level which is necessary between environment and material is constantly maintained by a condenser which precipitates the steam in suspension.
The conditioning of the drying chamber is kept constant and programmed in advance using probes connected to the heating and condensing circuits and to the timber. This conditioning of the environment sets the transmigration process of the water through the cellular walls of the timber in motion. Passing from their inside walls towards the surfaces, from which the water is continuously evaporated until the desired drying conditions are reached.
The condensate which deposits at the bottom of the dry kiln, is periodically expelled in order to maintain the environmental conditions constant.
In this way the advantages are the following:
- Quickness of Drying: owing to process without air and at low temperatures which enables hourly decreases in humidity never before reached by any other system.
- Perfect Results due to: no cracks and no warping; no colour changes; no internal tension; unchanged strength of the dried material.
- Possibility of Drying: very thick material and with a very high humidity level; such as planks and wood of all kinds, semi-finished items.
- Low Operating Costs thanks to: low thermal loss; a rational use of thermal and electric energy; no need of manual operations.
- Low Maintenance Costs deriving from: simple and rational construction; simple automatic devices; anticorrosive materials.
- steel coated with epoxy products for the treatment of wood without tannin.
- AISI 304 stainless steel for drying wood containing corrosive agents (oak, chestnut, etc.)
- Insulating covering
- Shell-opening with pneumatic pistons
- Electric control panel with microprocessor for automatic running and stopping of drier.
- Humidity control probes of a sample unit.
- Automatic discharge of condensate.
- Aluminium electric heating plates.
- Oil lubricated vacuum pump.
Air-bag pressing system
- Disinfecting System against xylophagan using insecticide tablets.
- All is required to operate the machine is an electrical socket and a condensation drain well.