Jacarta InterSeptor - Server Room Temperature Monitor
InterSeptor is an environmental monitoring device designed to remotely monitor your critical IT Infrastructure including Server Rooms, IT Rooms, Wiring Closets and Comms Rooms. Use interSeptor to detect Air Conditioning Failure, Water Leaks, Power Failure, Security Breaches, Fire & more.
interSeptor is a versatile 10/100Mbps ethernet environmental monitoring device. With a total capacity to monitor 2 x temperature/humidity sensors and 4 x additional Go-Probe sensors (water leak, security, power failure, smoke, motion, etc.), interSeptor provides an exceptional range of features, and its scaleable design ensures you can achieve an extremely cost-effective solution to your monitoring requirements.
- Up-to 2 x Temp/Humidity Sensors
- Up-to 4 x Go-Probe Sensors
- Email and SNMP Alerting
- 19' Rackmount Option
- 2-Year Warranty
- Temperature/humidity sensor and 2 x Go-Probe sensor ports as standard
- Monitoring via web browser interface and/or network management system
- User configurable high/low warning and critical temperature/humidity thresholds
- Optional Go-Probe Sensors (water, smoke, security, power) can be quickly connected
- Email/SNMP alarm notification
- Daily status reporting
- Automated Voice and SMS text alarm notification via Jacarta Alert Centre (please click here for country compatibility and more information).
- Extensive on-board logging/graphing capability
- Comprehensive browser interface
- SNMP compliant for network management system integration. MIB available
- Serial, telnet, browser configuration options
- BootP, DHCP
- Alarm scheduling facility so that alerts can be enabled/disabled as required
- 2 year swap-out warranty
- 19' Optional rack kit available
- Free lifetime email and telephone support
High and low warning and critical temperature and humidity thresholds can be configured in the interSeptor to ensure alarms are raised when room or rack conditions are abnormal. The hysteresis configuration facility ensures that alarms are not continually triggered when levels are ‘floating’ around the configured thresholds.
The interSeptor water leak sensor is supplied with 3m or 18m of leak detection cable. The cable can be run under air conditioning units, in ceiling voids, under raised floors, under pipes, and around room perimeters to provide a comprehensive, easy-to-install, leak detection facility.
The unique sensor connectivity design of the interSeptor facilitates installation and monitoring of the smoke detector, especially on ceilings. The cable connection need only be run from the temperature/humidity sensor which will typically already be installed at an elevated level.
The security sensor option is a magnetic reed contact sensor, ideal for monitoring rack or room door access.
The power sensor will detect the presence or otherwise of utility power.
The Universal sensor is an interface cable that can be connected to any device offering an open or closed or high/low output. interSeptor can monitor this output for changes in state and alarm accordingly. The Universal sensor can be connected to equipment such as generators, air conditioning units, printers, UPS, security systems, fire alarm systems, etc.
PRTG by Paessler currently includes interSeptor and interSeptor Pro 8, 16 and 24 port templates that can be used to automatically add an interSeptor or interSeptor Pro and all of its Temperature and Humidity sensors.
SNMPc by Castle Rock currently includes interSeptor and interSeptor Pro MIBs for quick and easy Jacarta Temperature and Humidity device integration.
WhatsUp Gold by Ipswitch currently includes interSeptor and interSeptor Pro MIBs for quick and easy Jacarta Temperature and Humidity device integration.
We can provide the command and configuration file to monitor the interseptor with Nagios to integrate Temperature and Humidity values. Please contact us if you require these files.
We can provide a generic configuration file for MRTG to collect Temperature and Humidity values from an interSeptor. Please contact us if you require this file.
Mutiny by Mutiny Ltd. currently includes interSeptor, interSeptor Pro, interSeptor iMeter, PowerFox8 and SP8 MIBs for quick and easy Jacarta Sensor integration.
Other Network Management Systems into which Jacarta products can be integrated include:
- Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM)
- HP Openview
- IBM Tivoli
- Solarwinds Orion