Kee-Safety - Self-Closing Safety Gates
A Complete Range of Safety Gates Providing Permanent Hazard Protection for Internal or External Applications. Kee Gate offers permanent protection for any openings, ladder or stair access points, roof hatches and other restricted areas, where regular access for maintenance and inspection is required. Kee Gates are specifically designed to provide a “retro-fit” solution to existing fixed structures where opening protection is required. The U-bolt connection allows the gate to be connected to posts from 33.7 – 48.3mm (1” – 1.5” US).
Kee Gate has been designed to be fully adjustable and can accommodate openings up to 1m (30” – 39”). Connecting the “Kee Gate” to the supporting structure/post/stringer is simple via using the U-bolt which can provide connection around any flat, square or tubular stringer from 33.7 – 48.3mm (1” – 1.5”).
Kee Gate is available in a range of high quality finishes. Galvanized: components are supplied with a galvanized finish to BS EN ISO 1461 and ASTM A53: Hot Dip Galvanized Coatings Specification and Testing Methods, giving an average coating of between 55-100 microns. Aluminum: products are supplied to Grade 6082 T6, & T4, Anodized Stainless Steel: products are supplied to Grade 316.
All products consist of high quality tubing that seamlessly compliments Kee Safety’s safety portfolio. Kee Gate mounts easily to all variants of the Kee Klamp and KeeGuard systems as well as Safe Access Solutions such as Mobile Access Platforms & Static Access Platforms.
The Kee Gate range has been specially designed with U-bolt clamps allowing the products to be mounted to the supporting structure/post/stringer. This permits connection around any flat, square or tubular stringer from 33.7 – 48.3mm (1” – 1.5”).
Tested in accordance with the following (see Specification Section for full details) :
- EN 13374 Class A
- EN ISO 14122 Part 3 & Part 4
- Ontario Building Code, NBC and British Columbia Building
- Canadian Standards Association
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety
- LIFE CYCLE TESTING - BS 6375-2:2009 Clause 6.5 – Opening and closing of Gate through 90 degrees
- SALT SPRAY TESTING - ASTM B117 - 11 - 55 Neutral solution over 200 hours to assess performance of coating to resist corrosion
All Systems comply with the following:
- Work at Height Regulations
- HSG 33 “Health & Safety in Roof work”
- HSE Construction Sheet No. 21 “Working on flat roofs protection against falls”
- European Union Directives together with requirements of CDM Regulations. USA and Canada
The smooth lines of the standard galvanized finish can be further enhanced by the application of powder coating to EN 13438. USA-AAMA 2603-2605.
Kee Gate is available as a supply and installation service or component supply only. Products are available from Kee Safety directly or one of its licensed distributors.