Kingsfield - Potassium Monopersulfate Compound
Potassium Monopersulfate compound is a free flowing, white granular soluble in water (20oC, 256 g/L). The composition of Potassium Monopersulfate compound includes Potassium Hydrogen Peroxymonosulfate (KHSO5), Potassium Bisulfate(KHSO4) and Potassium Sulfate(K2SO4). Potassium Monopersulfate compound has relatively high oxidation reduction potential. Therefore, it is a highly effective oxidant and disinfectant.
- Chemical Formula 2KHSO3-KHSO4-K2S4
- pH (1% solution) 2.0-2.3
- Appearance White, free flowing granule
- Bulk Density (g/cm3) 0.8-1.20
- CAS-No 70693-62-8
- Particle Size Distribution (0.850-0.075mm)% >=90.0
- Molecular Weight 614.7
- Available Oxygen % >=4.5
- Moisture % <=0.5
Potassium Monopersulfate compound is a stable, convenient and excellent acidity oxidant being widely used in the following industries; pool and spa, water disinfection, PCB etchant, pulp bleach, wool fabric shrink treatment agents, and metal refining agents. Potassium Monopersulfate compound is also used in organic synthesis, such as oxidizing the double bonds of organic molecules, or as an initiator in many radical polymerizations. In addition, Potassium Monopersulfate compound can oxidize the hydrogen sulfide or sulfur containing substances in wastewater, provide oxygen in aquaculture, and bleach to remove stains at a low temperature.
- UN No. UN3260
- UN Proper Shipping Name Corrosive Solid, N.O.S (contains monopersulfate compound)
- Transport Hazard Class 8
- Packing Group PG II
- Packaging 25kg woven polypropylene bags with inner polyethylene liner (UN approved), or 50kg plastic drums
- Storage Keep in a cool, dry, well- ventilated place. Keep tightly closed until used. Store away from incompatible substances. Keep away from fire or heat source. Keep away from moisture or rain. Store separately with reducing agents and acids (may be burning materials). Seal packaging after use.