GILUNAL - Model A - Sustainable Bonding for Starchy and Dextrin Containing Adhesive Systems
Boron acid were still up four years ago as an indispensable additive for adhesive glues and for various industrial applications. When in 2011 Boron and its derivate were included in the candidate list SVHC (substances of very high concern) by ECHA as cmr-substances the manufacture and winding of cardboard cores and paper tubes and related industries faced a big challenge. With Gilunal A as boron free stabilizing agent in starchy and dextrin glue formulations, Kurita secures the profitability and utilization of conventional technical procedures.
Gilunal® A is noncorrosive and not a hazardous substance. It perfectly controls the stability, rheology and wettability of the surfaces to be bonded. Gilunal® A provides controlled viscosity stability, adhesion, bonding & film formation during production. The resulting adhesive mixtures remain stable and absolutely processable for long period of time. Gilunal® A is mainly used in dextrin glues for the manufacture and winding of core board, corrugated board and paper tubes on high-speed automatic equipment and can be added to the mixture as granulate or powder by stirring or dispersing and the required adhesion levels are easily achieved.
Gilunal® A, the green revolution for dextrin-based adhesive systems
- Boron-free technology Listed in the BfR 36. positive register – for food and packaging
- Patented technology
- User-friendly and easily soluble product
- Highly active in the application
- Does not contain any listed Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC)
Gilunal®A - sustainable bonding with a positive impact on human and environment comparable to the state of the art Technology
Economics, environment and social responsibility affect each other:
- Gilunal® A secures profitability and utilization of production processes
- Gilunal® A is safe to use and abundantly available
- Gilunal® A is a non-toxic replacement for health hazardous Boron containing products