Lufft - Model VS20k - Visibility Sensor
The VS20k visibility sensor measures visibility up to 20'000 m, ideal for road traffic applications on motorways, highways or bridges. A calibration device is available (optional). The VS20k-UMB is configured via the software UMB Config Tool: Reading / Changing of the current configuration, calibration, polling of the current measurement values, the software allows configurations to be loaded and stored. The measurement data is available for further processing in the form of the standard protocol Lufft UMB. ASD = Active Spider Defense: The built-in vibrating motor ensures at irregular intervals that the VS2k visibility sensor is not so prone to spiders. The construction of VS2k also reduces the frequency of maintenance.
First and only visibility sensor with active spider defense.
Long life time thanks to sea waterproof housing.
Open and free to use communication protocol for easy integration in excisting systems.
- *Parameters Measured: Visibility (MOR) 45° forward scattering
- Accuracy: ±10 %
- Compliance Certifications: Class III (SELV) CE
- Dimensions: 19.7 x 9.1 x 3.1 in (500 x 230 x 80 mm)
- Interface: RS485 (2-wire, half duplex); Analogue output (4 - 20mA)
- IP Rating: IP66
- Light Source: N.A.
- Measuring Range: 32 ft -65,616 ft (10 m -20,000 m)
- Operating Humidity: 0 - 100 % RH (non condensing), 0 - 98 % (inside packaging)
- Power Consumption: 3 W (typical), 10 W (max.)
- Power Supply: 20 - 30 VDC; typical 24 VDC
- Protocol: UMB, ASCII-2.0, Modbus
- Relative Humidity: 0 - 100 % RH
- Resolution: 1 m, 60 s, 10 min
- Sensor Ports: ASD: Active Spider Defense
- Standard storage temperature: -40 - +158 °F (-40 - +70 °C)
- Temperature Range: -40 - +140 °F (-40 - +60 °C)
- Wavelength: N.A.
- Approx. 8.8 lbs (4 kg) without Mounting bracket
- Approx. 12.3 lbs (5.6 kg) incl. Mounting bracket