Markes - Model U-T15ATA-2S - Focusing Trap- Air Toxics Analyser
For UNITY-xr (and series 2)- TD-100 (all series) and Centri.
Markes’ focusing traps for UNITY-xr are made of quartz and contain up to 60 mm of sorbent. The unique collared design allows the user to easily insert and remove traps between applications (or for maintenance purposes), without the assistance of a service engineer. Traps are also compatible with UNITY series 2, TD-100 (all series) and Centri.
- Approved by the instrument manufacturer
- Precision-engineered, and quality-tested in-house
- Traps can contain multiple sorbents for analysis of an extended range of analytes
There are a range of optimised focusing traps available from Markes to suit a wide variety of applications and methods. Markes also provides empty traps and sorbents for self-packing, and a custom packing service – please contact our sales team to discuss your requirements further.
Markes’ instruments allow the focusing trap to be cooled to –30°C without liquid cryogen, significantly improving retention of ultra-volatile organics from air/gas samples compared to other systems. Traps have a wide enough bore to prevent ice blockage, yet can be heated up to 100°C/s to allow efficient desorption at flows down to 1.5 mL/min.
Focusing traps allow:
- Re-collection: Splitting the flow of analytes before and/or after desorption of the focusing trap allows collection of the unanalysed portion onto a second sorbent tube. This overcomes the ‘one-shot’ drawback of older TD systems and means that the sample can be analysed under different TD–GC conditions, aiding method development or validation.
- Backflush desorption of the focusing trap: Collecting the sample onto the sorbent tube or focusing trap in the opposite direction to desorption (‘backflush desorption’) allows use of multiple sorbent beds, extending the range of compounds that can be collected and analysed from a single sample.
Note: These traps are not compatible with UNITY series 1.
UNITY-xr traps for use with the Kori-xr water management system are specifically designed and optimised to fit in a UNITY-xr when in-line with Kori-xr. Markes does not recommend using these traps for systems not using Kori-xr.