McLane - Model Time Series - Sediment Traps
Time-series sediment traps were the original McLane Research Laboratories product line when the company was founded in 1983. Sediment Traps collect vertically settling particles into individual sample bottles which are sealed when not in collection mode. Our traps provide exceptional performance for biogeochemical studies including radionucleide, paleoproxy, carbon cycle analysis. They are also beneficial for environmental and pollution monitoring.
- Time-series sampling is pre-programmed or triggered adaptively.
- Mark 78H Sediment Traps have 13 or 21 sample bottles of 250ml or 500ml.
- Mk8 Model is half the size of the Mk78H for easier handling and deployment.
- Titanium frame and electronics housing for best corrosion resistance.
- Polycarbonate hexagonal baffle.
- Sample bottles tested in 90 degree configuration to ensure sample collection.
- MAX DEPTH: 7,000 m (10,000 m model available)
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -2° to 35 °C (electronics tested to -10 °C)
- STORAGE TEMPERATURE: -20° to 50 °C (electronics tested to -10 °C)
- COMMUNICATIONS: Serial (RS-232), Ethernet optional
- MIN DEPLOYMENT: 1 min per sample
- MAX DURATION: 18 months
- POWER SUPPLY: 14 “C” size alkaline cells