MegaVac Air Displacement System
From Combi Trucks
The KOKS MegaVac air displacement system is designed for heavy industrial applications and is suitable for suctioning, displacing, transporting and unloading of dry, wet and hazardous substances, such as various types of catalyst, (roof) gravel, powders, fly ash and sludge. Specially developed for working with hazardous and contaminated substances, the system is available in PED, ASME, ADR (Ceoc) and/or ATEX (Ex) (pump system) versions and built in accordance with all applicable safety standards.
The powerful Roots blower gives the KOKS MegaVac air displacement system a very high suction and displacement capacity, which makes it possible to process and transport large quantities of dry substances, liquids, gravel, sand, etc. in a very short time. The user benefits from significant time savings and a huge reduction in cost.
- Easy control.
- Suction with 8,100 to 10,000 m³/h, max 96% underpressure; blowing with 1,050 mbars overpressure.
- Very large filter surface area (46 m²).
- Large discharge hatch which can be operated from the outside, plus a filter cover which can be opened and closed hydraulically.
- Approved in accordance with ASME American type-approval/PED or ADR (Ceoc) European type-approval.
- Built to the latest environmental and safety standards.
- Responsible transportation in accordance with ASME/ADR (Ceoc) regulations.
- Optimum balance between a chassis with a short wheelbase and maximum tank capacity.
- Solid construction and components for high power and maximum payload.
- High quality, long service life and economical purchase price.
The KOKS MegaVac is the perfect air displacement system for heavy duty suction, displacement and transportation activities in the construction and (petro)chemical industries and for all general industrial applications.
The KOKS MegaVac air displacement system can be fitted with various option kits that are appropriate for your needs, for industrial applications and/or for sewer cleaning activities.
Body suitable for
4-axle chassis with a minimum engine power output of 400 hp.
Designed and certified for
Suctioning, displacing, transporting and unloading dry, wet and hazardous substances, such as sludge, sand, (roof ) gravel, fl y ash, powders and various types of liquids.
PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) in accordance with EN 97/23/EC standards.
Volume : 15 m3, excluding fi lter chamber.
Material : stainless steel AISI 304 grade; material no. 1.4301.
Rear door : hydraulically opening and locking.
Emptying : by means of tipping (45°) or air displacement.
Loading : by means of suctioning or through the manhole on top.
- 8” suction connection with valve, fi tted with an 8” curve with replaceable Hardox wear plate.
- blowing cover, with quick-change system.
- level detection switches.
Filter cover : hydraulically opening and manually locking.
Filter surface area : 46 m2.
Filter plate : stainless steel.
Filter cleaning : by means of an air shock cleaning system.
- between the filter chamber and pressure/vacuum tank.
- for emptying the filter chamber.
- can be operated hydraulically from the outside.
- side manhole.
- level detection switches.
- stainless steel filter racks with coated, antistatic, polyester felt filter bags.
Type : Roots blower.
Air displacement : 8,100 m3/h (220 kW).
Max. vacuum : 96%.
Max. overpressure : 1,050 mbars.
Drive : transfer gearbox and V-belt transmission.
Including : noise mufflers.
Length : approx. 10,800 mm.
Width : approx. 2,500 mm.
Height : approx. 3,950 mm, chassis-dependent.
Wheelbase : approx. 5,900 mm (axle 1 - axle 3, centre to centre) + 1,400 mm, chassis-dependent.
Weight empty : approx. 21 tonnes, dependent on chassis and version.
Max. permissible weight : approx. 37 tonnes, chassis-dependent.
Standard safety provisions
Rupture disc, hose rupture safety valves on behalf of the rear door and tipping cylinder, beacon light, emergency stop, repair cross beam, catwalk, rear door clamp protection, earthing reel and powder extinguisher.
Working light, rear bumper, stainless steel control box, hose box and tool box.
Body inspection, arranged by KOKS Group.
Instruction manual, consisting of operating/maintenance instructions, drawings and schedules.