Meyer - Model HDAR - Heavy Duty Abrasion-Resistant Drop-Thru Rotary Airlock Valves
The HDAR Heavy Duty Abrasion-Resistant Drop-Thru rotary airlock valves are designed for severe applications where highly abrasive conditions exist. Offered in a choice of ceramic lined or DuraKast, both can significantly improve the wear factor on the valve and reduce the pre-mature equipment failure often associated with such applications.
- Our rotary airlock valves are used in a wide range of applications where there is need to minimize system air loss while transferring material between vessels with differing pressures.
- They are used as feeder valves to meter the flow of material between vessels with equivalent pressures.
- You will also find them doing double duty in systems where there is a need to minimize system air or gas loss while regulating the flow of material between vessels with differing pressures.
The ceramic version starts with any of our Heavy-Duty rotary airlock valves. We bond ceramic tiles to the inside of the cast iron housing and on the rotor tips. The DuraKast units are completely cast out of a hard chrome material suitable for applications with higher pressure differentials. The DuraKast units also have Stellite™ on the rotor tips for extended abrasion resistance. Both styles offer extended life over that of a standard cast iron rotary valve by as much as 6 times.
- Pressure Rating: 22 PSI
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 250°F
- Materials: Dry Free-Flowing Extremely Abrasive Particles
- Pneumatic Conveying, Blending, Dust Collection, Drying, Pollution Control, Weighing, Mixing, Feeding
- Mining – Sand, Alumina, Copper
- Power – Fly Ash, Coal
- Cement – Kiln Dust, Raw and Finished
- Asphalt – Limestone, Granite
- Steel – Oxides, Grinding Dust, Sinter
- Precision-Cut ceramic tiles bonded in place minimizing gap exposure
- Closed-End rotor designs with ceramic tiled end disc perimeter and tungsten carbide tips for prolonged wear resistance
- HVOF spray on packing area for extended shaft life
- Ceramic can be re-ground for additional life
- Oversized housing thickness designed to be re-ground for many years of service
- Pre-Cast flange holes allow for easy field installation on new or replacement units
- Closed-End rotor with welded hard faced stellite tips for maximum wear resistance
- End plates are hard chrome lined with optional purging feature
- Higher pressure differentials for highly abrasive applications 650 Bhn high chrome wear resistant casting for maximum life