Microbiotests - Model Rotoxkit F Chronic - Chronic Cyst-Based Rotifer Toxicity Test Kit
From Toxkits Equipment
The chronic, cyst-based rotifer toxicity test is intended for toxicity screening of chemicals, effluents and wastewaters, sediment pore waters and elutriates, surface and groundwaters. In Rotoxkit F chronic, you find all the materials you need to perform three chronic 48h reproduction tests with the freshwater rotifer Brachionus calyciflorus. This small-scale, cost-effective, culture-independent, user-friendly and highly standardised bioassay complies to ISO Standard 20666.
The chronic freshwater rotifer toxicity test is a 48h bioassay based on the reproduction of the test organisms, with calculation of the 48h EC50.
- Tubes with cysts (dormant eggs), which you can hatch on demand within 20h to supply the live biota for the Brachionus calyciflorus toxicity test.
- Concentrated hatching and toxicant dilution medium, live microalgae immobilised in algal beads, dry inert food, hatching and test containers and micropipettes for the transfer of the organisms.
All test materials and equipment included in the Rotoxkit F chronic are available separately.
- We produce high-quality cysts in strictly controlled conditions. This way, we preclude variability associated with recruitment/maintenance of live stocks in conventional bioassays.
- The quality of the standardised test medium is highly uniform, thanks to simple dilution of concentrated solutions of selected salts with deionised water.
- A Quality Control test with a reference chemical is described in detail, so you can easily check accuracy and reproducibility.
- You can hatch the cysts on demand, which eliminates the need and the costs of continuous culturing and maintenance of your test organisms.
- The freshwater rotifer toxicity test requires minimal space and equipment:
- dissection microscope
- incubator with lateral lights
- conventional laboratory glassware
- If you store the cysts properly, you can prolong their shelf life for several months and reduce test scheduling constraints.
- Live algal food for the Brachionus calyciflorus is easily obtained from algal beads included in the kit.
- Simple handlings and scorings.
- Specially designed test wells for easy and rapid transfer of the test organisms under a dissecting microscope.
- Total performance time of the Brachionus calyciflorus toxicity assay is approximately 1 hour.
- We can provide you with a computer program for easy Toxkit data treatment.
- Brachionus calyciflorus is quite sensitive to particular chemicals and mixtures.
- The freshwater Rotoxkit F chronic is used in many environmental laboratories and research institutes worldwide
- You can find a substantial number of publications, posters, reports and reviews for various uses.
- Our freshwater chronic rotifer toxicity test strictly adheres to the principles of ISO Standard 20666 for regulatory testing with rotifers.