MicroPurge - Model MP15 - Backpack Combines Advanced Low-Flow Control
From Groundwater Sampling
The MP15 (U.S. Patent Number 6,508,310) MicroPurge Backpack combines advanced low-flow control with the quiet power of a built-in compressed gas source, for the ultimate in portability and ease of use in sampling ground water with bladder pumps. The MicroPurge MP15 (U.S. Patent Number 6,508,310) Controller revolutionizes low-flow ground water sampling with advanced logic control of purge flow and well drawdown. Simple up-down arrow keys increase and decrease purge flow to meet low-flow requirements. Once optimized, settings can be easily recalled in the next round of sampling.
Portable power to sample ground water with any bladder pump
The easy, advanced MicroPurge flow rate and drawdown control features are housed in a molded case along with a lightweight CO2 cylinder, putting everything you need to operate bladder pumps into one easily portable unit. A standard padded nylon case protects the MP15 MicroPurge control & power pack in transport, provides over-the-shoulder on-site carrying convenience, and even has a hook on the back to let you hang it from the well casing during sampling.
With this combination, a complete sampling setup can be carried by a single person, to reach wells where trucks or even compressor carts can't go.
The 5 lb (2.3 kg) capacity CO2 cylinder provides hours of sampling power, and is easily refilled. But the MP15 isn't just for remote monitoring wells. Its built-in bypass fitting allows it to be used with larger cylinders or other gas sources, extending your range even more.
The MP15 also offers an easy way to prevent excessive drawdown during purging of monitoring wells, by linking to the optional MP30 Drawdown/Water Level Meter.
The lightweight, compact MP15 leads the field with genuine MicroPurge low-flow ground water sampling equipment, the most complete line of equipment for low-flow sampling.
QED's MicroPurge groundwater sampling equipment is lighter and more portable, and increases sampling crew productivity. Simplified, sealed electronics are put together in a design that delivers famous QED long term durability and value under true field use conditions.
Simple, stable, repeatable flow rate setting
The MicroPurge basics Controller's six-button keypad is your gateway to the control and power of the most advanced low-flow bladder pump control system ever made. With remarkable ease, you will achieve precise, stable control of low pumping rates, quickly and repeatably, from one sampling event to the next.
- All the advanced MicroPurge control (U.S. Patent Number 6,508,310) capabilities for bladder pumps, plus a lightweight, built-in compressed gas source for ultimate portable control and power
- Exclusive MicroPurge control mode uses simple arrow keys to adjust low-flow rates easily and repeatably, using a microprocessor to re-create flow adjustment strategies used by experienced samplers.
- The MP15 weighs just 27 lbs (12 Kg) with a full cylinder in its padded nylon field case. Backpack carrying leaves hands free for other sampling equipment.
- Also includes capability for optional drawdown control with link to the MP30 (U.S. Patent Number 6,456,201) Drawdown Meter
- Lightweight, silent drive power: 3.5 hours of purging capacity at 75 foot (22.8m) pump depth! A high quality CO2 regulator is included, along with a cylinder change wrench: field ready!
- The MP15 includes a quick-connect bypass fitting so other compressed gas sources can also be used, for maximum versatility.
Multi-mode digital control
The MP15 (U.S. Patent Number 6,508,310) gives you three easy-to-use operating modes, to cover every sampling protocol and situation.
MicroPurge (MP) Mode
Quickly optimizes control settings to reach the desired pump flow rate. You don't have to worry about calculating pump cycles or refill and discharge times.
Instantly recalls optimized settings previously established for each well, providing precise, consistent performance from event to event.
User Set (MN) Mode
Provides manual control of pump operation for extreme depths and other special cases.
Pressing the UP Arrow increases the bladder pump flow in controlled steps.
The DOWN Arrow Key decreases the pump flow rate in controlled steps.
The LEFT/ RIGHT Arrow Key adjusts the Cycles Per Minute (CPM) of your pump.
The ID Number changes when an UP or DOWN Arrow is pressed. This number can be used in ID Mode to recall the setting for the next sampling round.
The CYCLE Key Starts and Stops pump cycling.
The MODE Key changes modes from default MP (MicroPurge) to ID Mode to MN (User Set) Mode. This key also allows battery check.
Pressing the PAUSE Key puts the controller in HOLD Mode, stopping flow. A second press starts the SAMPLE mode, which starts a continuous discharge cycle for controlled sample vial filling without interruption. A third press returns the system to normal cycling.
Backpack portability makes the MP15 a powerful tool for faster, more efficient sampling at remote sites. With its alternate air supply fitting, it also works great at closer wells.
Model No.: MP15 (U.S. Patent Number 6,508,310)
- Dimensions: in. (cm)
- 25-1/2 x 12-1/2 x 10 (65 x 32 x 25)
- Weight: lbs. (Kg)
- 27 (12)
- Case Material: Polyethylene
- Carry Bag: Standard
- Backpack Straps: Optional
- Keypad: 6 Keys
- Display: 2 Line, 16 Character / LCD Display
- Power: 3 'AA' batteries
- Battery Life: @ 70°F (21°C): 50,000 Cycles
- Max. Pressure: psi (bar)
- 120 (8.27)
- Max. Pump Depth: ft. (m)
- 250 (76)
- Operating Temperature: F (C): -20°-150° (-29°-66°)
- Cylinder: lbs. (Kg): 5 (2.3) CO2
- Cylinder Life: @ 75 ft. (22.8 m): Over 3 hours at pump depth
- Connection to MP30 (U.S. Patent Number 6,456,201) Drawdown Meter: heavy-duty cable (supplied with MP30)
MP15 Purge Capacity*
- Pump Dept: ft. (m): Purge Tim: min.
- 50 (15.2): 400
- 100 (30.4): 120
- 150 (45.7): 90
- 200 (60.8): 50
*Purge times based on 200 ml/min flow rate, full 5 lb (2.3kg) CO2 cylinder