Minos-X - New Standard In Vertical Profiling
The Minos-X is a small vertical profiler that allows you to change the instrument’s sensor load, in-the-field and on-demand. With the Minos-X, your SVPT can become a CTD; Shallow pressure sensors can be swapped for deep; and temperature range can be extended or tightened, as needed. One single profiler meets multiple deployment requirements.
Like all other XSeries instruments, the Minos-X uses XchangeTM field-swappable sensors, now available for Conductivity, Sound Velocity, Temperature, and Pressure. This means that sensor-heads can be shared with other instruments, regardless of instrument size or type. Total flexibility – of instrument model, of sensor type, and of sensor range – ensure that the right instrument is always available.
Field-swappable sensors also streamline recalibration: instead of sending the entire instrument back to a recalibration centre, calibrated sensor-heads can be sent to the instrument. Changing sensors is easy: simply unscrew one sensor-head and replace it with another.
Half the size of a Plus instrument, the Minos-X is designed for vertical profiling in tight spaces like launches or boats. The instrument includes a shackle and sensor cage, as well as an LED status indicator to simplify deployment preparation. High-speed 25Hz sampling ensures excellent data resolution. The Minos-X can be ordered with up to 2 analog or 1 digital channels, for use with 3rd party sensors.
- Greater return on investment: Each instrument can multi-task as CTD or SVTP, at multiple pressure ranges, assuring greater usage.
- Right instrument always ready: Calibrated sensors are shared amongst all X-Series instruments, ensuring that the right instrument is always field-ready.
- Reduced downtime: Recalibrated sensors sent to the instrument means the instrument never leaves the field for recalibration.
- Reduction in transport and logistics costs: Instruments can be recalibrated without return to a calibration centre.
- Greater system redundancy: Mobility of sensor-heads and modularity of instruments minimizes the risk of downtime on the vessel.
- Streamlined management: Less time spent administering instrument recalibration and certification requirements.
- Each Xchange sensor-head includes its own embedded calibration
- Sensors exchange easily without use of speciality tools
- Swap any sensor with another sensor of its own kind, regardless of range
- Exchange conductivity with sound velocity, regardless of range
- Exchange pressure with temperature, regardless of range
- LED light indicates if the battery is low and when instrument is operating
- Gigabyte non-volatile memory (expandable)
- Up to 25 scans per second
- Real time clock
- 7.5 to 26 VDC (external)
- Auto detect RS232 or RS485
- Optional additional channels (2 analog or 1 digital)
- Auto shut-down in low battery conditions
- Housing & Endcap: Delrin to 1000 m or Titanium to 6000 m
- Stainless steel shackle point and sensor protection cage
- Size: 75.7 mm (2.98”) diameter x 566 mm (22.3”) OAL
- Connector: Subconn Micro 8, Female
- Storage Temperature: -20oC to 60oC
- Operating Temperature: -20oC to 45oC
- User configurable (by time, by pressure, by sound speed)
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack