Model MOV 9000 - Long Life
MOV LONG LIFE products are part of a family of technologically advanced greases which have been developed by complexing modified overbased calcium sulfonates. This technology is characterized by exceptional mechanical stability, high dropping point, high load carrying performance, reduced wear, and excellent resistance to water and corrosion. This technology equals and in many ways outperforms other premium, high temperature greases such as Lithium Complex, Aluminum Complex and Polyurea.
MOV Long Life is available in a number of NLGI (consistency) Grades. NLGI Grade 0 is often used for MOV main gearboxes and is the factory fill for some actuator suppliers. The Grade 1 is stiffer and is used where just one grease grade is required to lubricate actuators. It has been used in the main gearboxes, limit switches and stems. MOV Long Life Grade 2 is the stiffest currently available and is typically used for bearings or slides in general and stems at high temperatures.
For other actuators that are oil filled a new product is now available. This is MOV Long Life 9000. It has the advantages of oil in that it can be poured or drained but it has some characteristics of grease. Consequently, it will be less prone to leak when seals or gaskets have been compromised. Reliability, safety and housekeeping can therefore be improved. MOV Long Life 9000 can be considered for applications for which light and medium viscosity oils had been used. For example, SAE 80EP and ISO VG 150 gear oils. Contact your actuator supplier if required.
This semi-fluid product is one of the same family of MOV Long Life greases and shares the same oil, thickener and additives. It should also provide outstanding performance when used appropriately. They are fully compatible with each other.
Thermal and Mechanical Stability
- Superior mechanical stability versus other thickeners, particularly in the presence of heat and water
Load Carrying & Wear Protection
- Excellent EP (extreme pressure) and AW (antiwear) properties inherent in the thickener
- Does not require the use of additional additives
- Sulfonates are known and used for their excellent rust prevention properties
- This property is inherent in the thickener
- Will easily outperform all other technologies
Resistance to Oxidation
- Formulated with a Group II hydrotreated mineral oil combined with a patented antioxidant package.
- Performance life is typically increased by up to 4 times that of other mineral oil compositions.
MOV Long Life 9000 is a semi-fluid grease that is designed to provide superior, long lives for industrial gear boxes. It has excellent load carrying and mechanical stability properties.