Model SSC - Self Cleaning Gravity Screen Filters
The gravity flow design eliminates the need to pump water into the filter, saving energy and reducing operating costs. Flow Rates from 350 to 2000 GPM. Eliminates backflushing. Simple, trouble-free design. Stainless Steel construction is durable and lightweight.
- Gravity Flow Irrigation Systems: These filters can operate as the primary filter for most irrigation water sources for low-volume irrigation.
- Pre-Filter: Used in conjunction with media filters. Reduces backwash frequency.
- Recycle System: Recycles media filter backwash water. (booster pump required)
- Industrial: To filter out large volumes of debris for water recycling or to meet environmental water discharge standards. Used in packing houses, aquatic farming, cooling towers and processing plants.
- Gravity flow water enters tank.
- Contaminates collect on the screen as clean water passes into the tank
- Contaminates are forced to the front of the screen by the horizontal flow of water over the screen and the rotating cleaning jets that spray water through the screen from below.
- Contaminates accumulate in the trash-tank where, periodically they are removed.
- Filtered water flows into the catch tank.
- Clean water is pumped to the field from the catch tank. Pump suction is directed to the bottom of the tank by the suction boot. This outlet configuration minimizes the amount of air drawn through the booster pump by preventing vortexing in the tank.