Model UVP - Nucleic Acid Crosslinkers
Immobilisation of Nucleic Acids to Membranes. The UVP Crosslinker is a microprocessor controlled UV irradiation system dedicated to nucleic acid linking to membranes for Southern, Northern, Dot and Slot Blot applications. It can also be used for UV sterilisation and for elimination of PCR contaminations.
Microprocessor control provides reproducibility
The programmable microprocessor constantly monitors the UV light emission. The irradiation stops exactly when the programmed energy is achieved. Thus the effect of decreasing UV intensity due to bulb aging is compensated.
The UVP Crosslinker combines the latest UV technology with high quality manufacturing: UV exposure chamber in stainless steel, protective quartz disk on the UV sensor cell and a highly resistant and easy-to-clean keypad and housing.
Ease of use
The large display providing a series of predefined methods makes the UVP Crosslinker an easy to use but yet powerful instrument for immobilisation of nucleic acids to membranes. The programmed data are shown on the LED display.
- Crosslinking of DNA and RNA to nylon or nitrocellulose membranes
- Microprocessor control provides precise UV dosis control
- Irradiation can be defined as energy (Joules/cm²) or time (seconds)
- Preset programs for nucleic acid immobilisation at 120 mJoule/cm2
- Safety interlock door with UV protection glass
- Feature: Technical Data
- UV light: 5 x 8 W 254 nm or 365 nm
- UV irradiation energy: 100 µJ/cm2 to 0.2
- Maximum time of exposure: 999.9 min
- Instrument dimensions
- (H x W x D, cm): 22.2 x 40.0 x 34.9
- Chamber (inside) dimensions
- (H x W x D, cm): 12.7 x 30.5 x 25.4