Model WS700R - Refrigerated Wastewater Sampler
From Water Samplers
Global Water's WS700R Refrigerated Wastewater Samplers combine all the features you need to meet a wide variety of water sampling requirements, including those for stormwater, industrial discharge, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection systems, and rivers and streams.
The WS700R Refrigerated Wastewater Sampler's state of the art water sampler controller gives you complete control over your water sampling process. With the water sample size control, you can take individual time-weighted composite samples or full-bottle discrete grab samples in a 2 gallon sample bottle. The water sample interval control allows you to set the time between individual refrigerated composite samples or enable the external trigger mode for flow proportional sampling. A start delay timer allows you to start multiple refrigerated water samplers in the field at the same time, or to delay drawing a water sample after a triggering event so that your water sample better represents the water source. An automatic 15 second backflush cycle clears any debris from the strainer and empties the water from the hose so the next refrigerated composite sample is not contaminated.
The WS700R Refrigerated Wastewater Samplers are easy to set up in the field. The refrigerated wastewater sampler requires two 120 V outlets to power the peristaltic pump and refrigerator. The refrigerated wastewater samplers are relatively small and can be easily hidden or protected inside of a fiberglass enclosure. The refrigerated wastewater sampler's refrigerator does not have a compressor and is coolant free.
The WS700R Refrigerated Wastewater Samplers come with a 2.5-gallon polyethylene sample bottle for collecting refrigerated composite samples, a peristaltic sampling pump, a circuit board controller, and a rechargeable gel cell battery. Also provided is a sample pickup hose and a battery charger. Everything you need is provided for a successful wastewater management or environmental monitoring program.
The refrigerated wastewater sampler's sample bottle is equipped with a float switch that automatically turns off the peristaltic sampling pump if the water bottle becomes full.
The user can adjust the refrigerated wastewater sampler's sample size to one of 15 composite sample sizes from 50ml to 2 liters plus a full bottle discrete setting and the refrigerated wastewater sampler's sample interval to one of 15 time settings from 5 minutes to 12 hours plus an external trigger mode setting for flow proportional sampling.
Flow Proportional Sampling
An external pulse-type flow meter can control the water sample interval for true flow proportional sampling. Global Water's Open Channel Flow Monitor has a flow-proportional output signal for triggering the WS700R refrigerated wastewater samplers. If you already have a flow meter but it has a 4-20mA output, please look at the related products section of the Refrigerated Water Samplers Options & Prices section.
Remote Water Sampling Notification
Attach the AD200 Autodialer or CVD-2000P Cellular Autodialer to your refrigerated wastewater sampler to add remote sample notification. This accessory will save you travel time by ensuring that you always know when your refrigerated wastewater samplers have taken a sample at your monitoring sites.
- Ideal for refrigerated wastewater, industrial and environmental sampling
- Simple to operate – no programming required
- Rugged construction for harsh environments
- Meets federal, state and local wastewater regulations
- Timed and external flow pulsed composite samples
- Adjustable and repeatable sample volume
- Peristaltic pump prevents sample contamination
- Operating Temperature: 32° to +158°F (0° to +70°C)
- Enclosure: Expanded UV protected PVC
- Bottle: 2.5 gallon Polyethylene
- Pickup Hose: 15 ft reinforced PVC 1/4 inch ID polyethylene flexible tubing section with intake strainer
- Pump Tubing: Norprene 1/4 inch ID, 7/16 inch OD
- Sample Pump:
- Flow Rate: 1000 ml per minute at a 4 foot head
- Type: Peristaltic
- Maximum Lift: ~20 feet
- Power: Internal 12V Rechargable Battery with AC 120 VAC adapter/charger (control panel), 115VAC 60Hz 1.6A 130W (refrigerator)
- Standby: 3 months while still retaining enough power to run the pump to capacity
- Start Delay: 16 time settings from 0 to 12 hours
- Composite Interval: 15 time settings from 5 min. to 12 hours plus an External Trigger mode setting
- Sample Size: 15 composite sample sizes from 50 ml to 2 liters plus a Full Bottle discrete setting (Approximate sizes at 4 foot head)
- External Trigger Input: 250mS minimum pulse width
- Switch closure or 4-24VDC
- Pulse Output: 5VDC one-second pulse
- 1000ohm output impedance
- Bottle Switch Input: Switch closure input
- Floating switch in bottle
- Rain and Water Sensors: Optional moisture sensors or switch closure inputs
- Internal Fuse: 10A Slow-Blow
- Size of unit: 21x18x21 inch (53.3x45.7x53.3 cm) (HxWxD)
- Weight: 37 lb (17 kg)