Model XT512 - Detection Wand Portable Locator
The world’s most portable inspection camera locator featuring 512Hz precision. The new XT512 “Detection Wand” locator combines portability with a low frequency sonde and passive locating capabilities found in larger more cumbersome units. Using the XT512 you can locate and determine the depth and location of your sewer/pipe inspection camera (camera tracking), or any small sonde (like the TM50910 from Schonstedt). The XT512 is instrumental in locating blockages and obstructions in non metallic pipes.
In sonde mode this locator can be used to trace non-metallic pipes, or metallic pipes, where other modes are inapplicable or inefficient. A small sonde or 'beacon transmitter' is either built into our camera head, or a separate unit can be pushed through the pipe on a cable allowing the locator to search for the signal emitted by the sonde.
Another important feature of the “Detection Wand” locator is the ability to measure the approximate depth of the target pipe or cable. To measure the depth, simply place the tip of the unit on the ground and press the DEPTH button when the signal strength is at maximum. The measurement of the depth depends on a number of factors, but typically it is possible to read depths of 5 to 8 feet (1.5 - 2.5 m) depending on strength of the signal emitted by the sonde in the pipe.
The XT512 “Detection Wand” portable locator is an ideal addition for the sonde equipped Trogloprobe, or Viper-S pipe inspection camera systems.
A Line of accessories including a Standard Headset, Noise Cancelling Headphones, and different frequencies sondes are also available for order.
- World’s most portable locator
- Operates on 512 Hz Frequency mode
- Passive detection of 50Hz or 60Hz, and sonde
- One button depth measurement
- Digital readout display of signal strength (peak)
- Audio & Visual Output
- Battery & Sensitivity Indicators
- 12 hrs intermittent use
- Ergonomic & lightweight
- Compact for easy storage
- 3-year warranty
- Battery: 9V Alkaline Battery
- Batter Life: 12 hours of intermittent use
- Audio Output:
- 10 - 1400Hz determined by signal strength
- 0 - 70db SPL (Sound Pressure Level), volume controlled
- Weight: Under 2.8 lbs
- Operating Temp: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Overal Dimensions:
- Closed: 17.5 in x 3 in x 8.5 in (44 cm x 7.6 cm x 21.5 cm)
- Extended: 27.7 in x 3 in x 8.5 in (70 cm x 7.6 cm x 21.5 cm)
- Sensors: Split angled sensors to derive peak and null signals
- Operating Frequency: 512Hz
- Modulation: none
- Max. Depth Capability: Typically 5-8 feet (1.5-2.5 m) depending on signal strength emitted by the sonde
Passive Cable Locator
- Operating Frequency: 60 or 50 Hz, factory set
- Modulation: none
- Max. Depth Capability: Typical 5-8 feet (1.5-2.5 m) depending on signal strength emitted by the sonde