GWT - Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) Wastewater Treatment System
From Modular Water & Wastewater Treatment Systems - Wastewater Treatment Technologies
Your Technical Partner in Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) Wastewater Treatment. Reliable, affordable biological wastewater treatment technology for water utilities and industries throughout the US and around the world. What is the GWT Mbio MBBR wastewater treatment process? The GWT Mbio?? moving bed biofilm process (MBBR) is an advanced fixed film biological wastewater treatment process using specialized biofilm carriers suspended in specifically configured aeration basins or reactor tanks. Each buoyant biofilm carrier is designed to handle the reduction of BOD, COD, TSS, and certain other pollutant contaminants which are absorbed and oxidized through microbiological organisms grown on these biofilm carriers.
Most popular related searches
How Does it Work?
The GWT Mbio MBBR consist of an aeration tank or basin containing specially designed submerged and free flowing bio media. The high surface area of the Mbio bio media provides plentiful surfaces for bacteria to develop and thrive.
A stainless steel aeration manifold connecting specifically designed GWT AB jet diffusion?? systems on the bottom of the wastewater tank or basin provides both sufficient dissolved oxygen for wastewater pollutant oxidation and reduction through the use of an external air blower. A coarse mesh net above the diffusers eliminates the chance of the biomedia carriers becoming trapped on the bottom of the basin by the diffusers rapid mixing action.
A stainless steel metal or FRP sieve screen is utilized at the outlet of the aeration tank which allows the treated water to move to the post clarification stage of the treatment process while retaining the biomedia carriers inside the tank.
This compact treatment process does not require a return activated sludge pipe line.
- Lower construction capital costs versus conventional biological wastewater treatment applicable design flow rates from 10 gpm (50 m3/d) to 25 MGD (100 MLD) and higher.
- Simple to operate with PLC automation of dissolved oxygen levels and temperature, typical 45% reduction in operational related costs versus conventional biological treatment due to the high Mbio?? bio carrier surface area and our efficient GWT AB micro/nano bubble aeration technology.
- Stable under process pollutant variations.
- Intense biological activity with No Biomas Recirculation.
- Treatment process can be modified for higher capacity without extensive civil works.
- Generates low solids with minimal sludge production and requires no return sludge lines.
- Can typically reduce 60-80% of soluble influent BOD, COD, TSS and oils/greases for new or retrofitting of existing industrial or water utility domestic wastewater treatment plants.
Designed for the Following Industries:
- Food & Beverage
- Energy Sector
- Pulp & Paper
- Water Utilities
- General Industrial
Specific Solutions & Services:
- Modular GWT Mbio MBBR System Solutions
- GWT Mbio MBBR System Process Design, Engineering & Integration for System Capacities up to 25 MGD (100,000 m3/d)
- Process retrofits from conventional biological treatment processes to GWT Mbio MBBR biological wastewater treatment.
No reviews were found for GWT - Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) Wastewater Treatment System. Be the first to review!