Nexera - Model XR - Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatograph
The Shimadzu Nexera XR ultra high-performance liquid chromatograph (UHPLC) represents an increase in efficiency over the Prominence system, allowing customers to pursue high-speed, high-resolution chromatography. The Nexera XR system provides accurate and reproducible results and has proven to be an indispensable tool for laboratories in a variety industries including pharmaceuticals, biochemistry, chemistry, environmental, and food science.
Accuracy and reproducibility of solvent delivery and injection volume are particularly important performance aspects. Shimadzu addressed these features by incorporating superb technology as a fundamental element.
Furthermore, improved hardware components support high-speed analyses, which have accelerated via advances in column technology.
As the most accessible UHPLC available, with a pressure resistance of 66 MPa, the Nexera XR truly provides the optimal solution for a diverse range of applications.
A solvent delivery unit compatible with small-capacity, low-pressure gradient units is the latest addition to the Nexera XR lineup. With its modular design, the Nexera XR allows configuration of systems geared to meet specific application requirements. Each module delivers excellent, reliable performance across an extensive analytical range, from HPLC to UHPLC.
Balancing Performance with User-Friendliness
The most accessible UHPLC available, the Nexera XR provides excellent performance while ensuring ease-of-use. In addition, although the Nexera XR is in the UHPLC category, the replacement frequency for consumables has been kept to a minimum, making the ease of maintenance comparable to that of an HPLC system.
Constructed with a focus on compatibility with general UHPLC systems, the Nexera XR is optimized for method transfer from competing systems. In addition, the system capacity can be changed to suit the objective, enabling smooth HPLC method transfer.
Detectors Offering World-Leading* Sensitivity
The SPD-M30A photodiode array detector and the RF-20Axs fluorescence detector offer world-leading sensitivity.
Equipped with a temperature control function to suppress the effects of room temperature fluctuations, these detectors achieve excellent baseline stability and reproducibility.
Take full advantage of a HPLC/UHPLC system with the Nexera XR - the system for your liquid chromatography needs.
- Method Scouting - Switch between 8 mobile phases, 6 columns for up to 96 method combinations.
- Increased Throughput - Maximize sample throughput with precision, high-speed injections.
- Your choice of detection - UV-Vis, Photodiode Array, Refractive Index, Fluorescence, Conductivity, etc.
- Large Capacity Oven - Can fit up to 300 mm columns, 2 flow control valves, 2 manual injections, and a gradient mixer.
Capable of both HPLC and UHPLC Analysis
Ability for method transfer between standard HPLC and UHPLC (as low as 2 μm particle size columns) systems.
Unrivaled solvent delivery units
World class pumps with improved performance at micro-flow rates and up to 5 mL/min.
Pulse-free solvent delivery that is essential for high quality data acquisition.
Accurate gradient programs can be achieved by low pressure gradient elution or a binary pump system. An optional quaternary solvent delivery valve can be used for gradient or isocratic elution
Increased Data Sensitivity and Reliability
The Nexera photodiode array detector (SPD-M30A) introduces a capillary type cell which gives higher sensitivity and lower dispersion for superior data.
The detector is temperature controlled to increase baseline stability and reproducibly.
Needle-in-Flow Path Autosampler with Increased Throughput
- Flow through the needle reduces sample carryover to an absolute minimum.
- The high-performance measuring pump provides precision and accuracy for sample injections of even the smallest volumes (1 μL or less).
- Increased sample capacity with full automation and high speed injections (minimum of 10 seconds).
LabSolutions Method Scouting for Method Development System
This system streamlines the process for more efficient and accurate method development by automatically switching between up to 96 combinations of unique separation conditions (with up to 6 columns, 8 mobile phases, and 10 gradient settings).
CBM Web Browsing
- Ability to monitor and control you LC system over a network
Choice of Detection
- UV-Vis, Photodiode Array
- Fluorescence (simultaneously record up to four wavelength detection, see photo)
- Refractive Index
- Evaporative Light Scattering
Large Capacity Column Oven with Precision Temperature Control
- Oven temperature is calibrated at two different points to ensure a high degree of accuracy.
- Large column compartment can comfortably hold up to three 300 mm columns, two flow control valves, two manual
- Degassing Unit: 3 or 5 Lines (Volume 400 μL)
- Pulsation: 0.1 MPa (1.0 mL/min,10 MPa, Water)
- Flow rate range: 0.0001 to 5 mL/min
- Flow rate precision: No more than 0.06% RSD or 0.02 min SD, whichever is greater
- Gradient type: High-pressure / low-pressure mixing gradient
- Gradient / concentration precision: ±0.5% (specified conditions)
- Maximum pressure: 66 MPa (0.0001 to 3 mL/min), 44 MPa (3.0001 to 5 mL/min)
- Injection method: Needle-in-flowpath
- Injection volume accuracy: ±1% (at 50 μL injectiong, n = 10)
- Injection volume range: 0.1 to 50 μL (Option: 0.1 to 100 μL)
- Injection volume reproducibility: RSD: 0.3% maximum (at 10 μL)
- Samples capacity: Sample plate: 175 (1 mL), 105 (1.5 mL), 50 (4 mL), 2 (MTP/DWP plates)
- Control plate: 10 (1.5 mL)
- Sample cooler: Block cooling/heating, used together with defumidifying function 4 to 40°C
- *No sampler cooler included in SIL-20AXR model
- Oven Capacity: W220 × D95 × H365 mm
- Temperature control range: Room temperature ± 10 to 85°C, Setting range 4 to 85°C
- Wavelength Range: 190 to 900 nm (with optional tungsten lamp)
- Noise level: ±2.5 × 10?6 AU, (250 nm, Specified condition)
- Flow cell: 12 μL (10 mm), 12 MPa
- Option cell: High-Sensitivity: 8 μL (10 mm)
- Semi-micro: 2.5 μL (5mm)
- Wavelength Range: 190 to 800 nm
- Noise level: ±3 × 10?6 AU, (250 nm, Specified condition)
- Flow cell: 10 μL (10 mm), 8 MPa
- Option cell: High-Sensitivity: 8 μL (10 mm)