Nihao - Model PU 20 - Foam Filter Media
From Foam Filter Media
Bio Media (moving bed biofilm reactor MBBR) filter media has a well-documented history in filter applications. Bio Media may be used for pond filters, aquaponics, hydroponics, sewage treatment, DIY applications, and more. Bio Media is slightly buoyant and perfect for mechanical or biological filtration.
- Product No: PU20
- Brand: Nihao
- material: PU
- Description: PU moving bed biofilm reactor,Tube Settler Systems for Clarification, tube settlers, MBBR, biofilter ,MBR fiber follow membrane, disc diffusers and other plastic material for water treatment. NET's
How does it work?
Bio Media Plus is designed to be slightly buoyant and move freely or remain static (still) in your filter. The bio-media provides the maximum surface area necessary to allow beneficial bacteria to colonize (grow) and remove ammonia and nitrites from your water. Removing ammonia and nitrites from your water is essential for healthy koi (fish). As the bio-media moves around in the filter chamber the bacteria go to work and start removing the ammonia and nitrites. When your bacteria mature Bio Media Plus is the perfect and most efficient way to remove ammonia and nitrites.
How is Bio Media Plus different and self cleaning?
Bio Media Plus is engineered and designed to provide a place for the bacteria to grow and still be protected while it is moving around in the filter chamber. While water and air in your filter chamber cause the bio-media to move around, the “old” or “dead” bacteria along with any solid waste to fall off. This chaotic movement makes the filter media self cleaning. This will also make room for new bacteria to colonize inside the protected wheel.
- Perfect bio media for DIY in-tank or sump moving bed filters
- 100% PREMIUM QUALITY Virgin Polyethylene. Beware of sellers offering Recycled Material which can be TOXIC!!
- The best and most efficient filter media to remove poisonous ammonia and nitrites
- Provides maximum surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize and grow
- Self Cleaning – never requires cleaning or being replaced