Oenolab - Model FTU - Filter Test Unit
Equipment for determination of wine filterability. The filterability index is obtained by measuring the difference of time needed to filtrate 200 ml and 400 ml of wine at 2 bars through a membrane Ø 25 mm with a porosity of 0.65 µm. Wine should be at room temperature before measurement.
- Stand with 2 clamps
- 2 liters pressurized stainless steel container
- air imput connector
- pressure gauge
- relief valve with safety pressure release above 2.7 bars
- ball valve
- PE filter holder for 25mm Ø membrane
- measuring cylinder 500 ml
Calculation of the Filterability index:
- FI = (T4 - 2xT2) x 1.66
- T2 = time of passage of 200ml in seconds
- T4 = time of passage of 400ml in seconds
- Wine has a good filterability if the filterability index is less than 20.
- Reference FTU