Omega - Model RDLO - Volute Casing Pumps
From Water Transport
Omega and RDLO volute casing pumps – reliable operation with low life cycle costs. The axially split, single-stage volute casing pumps of the Omega and RDLO series stand for top performance in water transport. They are versatile and allow maximum energy savings.
KSB’s RDLO and Omega pumps
RDLO and Omega pumps are ideally suited to handling raw water, clean water, service water and seawater. They transport fluids with a minimum of flow resistance, thus lowering the energy and life cycle costs of the systems they are installed in.
RDLO and Omega are suited to the following applications:
- Extraction, pressure boosting and general transport in water utilities and desalination plants
- Cooling and service water supply in power stations and industrial plants
- Fire-fighting systems
- General petrochemical applications
- Seawater desalination
- Large number of characteristic curves
- Broad spectrum of standard and special material variants
- Shaft sealed by gland packing or mechanical seal
- Flange design to DIN EN or ASME
- Horizontal or vertical installation
- Comprehensive range of accessories
- Reliable sealing of the casing halves by solid casing split flanges at the upper and lower casing part
- Smooth running thanks to optimized flow, vortex-free intake elbow and rigid shaft with short bearing span
- High availability thanks to generously dimensioned bearings and high-quality shaft seals
- Reliable power transmission thanks to robust, completely sealed shaft without steps/threads in the wetted area
Low maintenance costs/easy to service
- Corrosion and abrasion-resistant materials for shaft protecting sleeves, casing wear rings, impeller wear rings and impeller ensure a long service life.
- Robust bearings and a rigid shaft ensure smooth operation with low vibration levels and a long service life of bearings, shaft and shaft seals.
- The self-aligning rotor enables uncomplicated and fast maintenance, doing away with setting/alignment work and preventing mounting errors.
- No studs in the casing split flange which could hinder maintenance work and easily become damaged
Low life cycle costs
- CFD optimized hydraulic systems ensure top efficiencies and the best NPSH values in the industry.
- Generously dimensioned components and smooth running make for smooth operation with little wear.
- Maintenance-friendly design e