Piccolo - Model Plus - GPS Telematics Device
Piccolo Plus - The most innovative, most complete GPS telematics device for: Built in WiFi Hotspot. Wireless RFTags for Vehicle IoT. FMCSA certified ELD for hours of service.
Functional Specifications (Partial):
- Sends GPS location every XX seconds/minutes and/or every YY mi/km or any combination between time and distance based on speed.
- Event logs such as; engine on/off, vibration alarm, door open/close, are sent with the time stamp of the event and can be configured remotely to be sent with or without the exact GPS location taken at the time of the event.
- Driver identification - drivers IDs that are authorized to drive the specific vehicle are downloaded to the unit OTA and only the drivers that have the matching Dallas Key ID are authorized to start the vehicle and the driver ID is sent to the control center database.
- CAN bus, J1939, and J1708 data such as: fuel consumption, oil pressure, distance travelled, RPM, and much more is sent to the control center in real time as the event occurs with every GPS data, or at a predetermined interval completely OTA configurable.
- Flexible RS-232 interface allowing easy integration of external devices.
- Driver behavior detection and analysis.
- Wi-Fi for turning the Piccolo Plus into a hotspot Wireless Router for tablets or notebooks to communicate over the internet.
- Communication to notebooks via USB.
- Passive RFID via RS-232 interface.
- Active RFID with Wireless Links RFLink Tags.
- Remote wireless IOs using RFLink Tags.
- Garmin FMI Interface.
- Built in internal temperature sensor, temperature transmitted with every GPS location.
- Up to 8 external digital temperature sensors.
- Battery saving mode – automatically switches to deep sleep mode when the engine is turned off and automatically wakes-up when the engine is turned on or on tilt or vibration.
- Accurate driven distance.
- Security alarm on tilt and/or vibration.
- Tow detection.
- Accident detection.
- Theft protection - OTA starter killer.
- Function rich yet flexible application with simple and friendly user interface configurable locally via USB or over the air (OTA).
- OTA Firmware upgradable.
- Security alarm on tilt and/or vibration.
- Rechargeable lithium battery backup.
- Event data logger.
- Built in Geo-fence programmable OTA.
- Highly compressed UDP communication packaged with API’s, DLL or HTTP interface for quick “Plug & Play“ integration into any third party software, recommended for .NET platforms.
- Or direct TCP/IP communication OTA, (no Middleware) packaged with “Plug & Play“ API or DLL for quick integration into any third party software.
- OTA diagnostic tools.
- UBS port for firmware download and configuration.
- USB port powers the unit during configuration.
- Panic button.
- Easily portable with a cigarette plug.
- Battery level transmitted with every GPS location.
- Low battery alarm.
- Sends cell based location in addition to GPS.
- Stores and forwards up to 5000 events and sends them automatically when unit is back in cellular coverage.
- Voice communication to a preset number.
- GSM/GPRS or EDGE/HSPA+ (3G).
- Frequency bands – Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900/2100MHZ.
- Enclosure – Flame retardant ABS/PC
- Flame rating UL94V-0.
- Optional waterproof IP65 enclosure with a blind cover, no LEDs.
- GPS Technology – SIRF Star IV 48 receiving channels.
- Dimensions – 4″ x 2.3″ x 1.2″ LWD (100mm x 58mm x 30mm)
- Additional 0.35″ (9mm) on each side for mounting brackets.
- Weight : 3.8oz (110g) without the cable.
- Operating Temperature: -22° to 176°F (-30° to 80°C).
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 221°F (-40° to 105°C).
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110°F (40°C), non-condensing.
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G (non-operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455.
- Power source: 6VDC - 32VDC tethered to vehicle battery or portable with cigarette plug connector.
- ESD 4kV contact, 15kV air.
- When external power is disconnected, the unit automatically switches to backup 1800mAh, 3.7 VDC lithium rechargeable battery. When fully charged, the unit can send up to 1200 GPS locations.
- Protection - internal resettable 1A fuse.
- Transmit mode: 200mA at 12VDC.
- Running mode: 70mA at 12VDC.
- Standby (Hibernation mode: 20mA at 12VDC (when waiting for external event with GPS on).
- Sleep mode: 45uA - (switching to sleep mode automatically when engine is off and/or when external power is disconnected).
- Digital Inputs - three contact events, two ground sense and one 5VDC – 32VDC positive sense.
- Analog Inputs – one 0-5VDC.
- Digital Outputs – two open collector 500mA.
- Internal analog temperature sensor.
- Expansion module adds:
- Three inputs for a total of six, four ground sense and two positive sense.
- One analog input for a total of two.
- Vibration sensor – sensitivity adjustable for automatic security theft alarm.
- 3D Accelerometer –reports extreme driving conditions such as sudden acceleration, sudden lane crossing, sharp turns, sudden brakes and tilt detection.
- Driver identification via iButton (Dallas Key).
- Up to 8 digital temperature sensors.
- Internal lithium 1800mAh rechargeable battery.
- Waterproof IP64 enclosure with a blind cover for trailer and asset tracking.
- External SMA connectors for cellular and/or GPS antennas.
- Bluetooth for voice communication.
- CAN bus
- Implements ISO-11898 standard physical layers.
- Suitable for 12V and 24V systems.
- Operates at speeds of up to 1 Mb/s.
- J1939 & FMS compatible.
- J1708 interface.
- Passive RFID.
- Active RFID using Wireless Links RFLink Tags.
- WIFI for Hotspot Wireless Router.
- Bluetooth for Voice Communication.
- In cabin installation (usually under the dashboard when dashboard is plastic).
- External roof mount or trailer top with a blind waterproof cover.
- Piccolo Plus Dual Mode with an IP65 waterproof enclosure may be installed on the roof of a trailer or any other asset.
Using UDP or TCP/IP communication integration into your application is as easy as “Plug & Play“
Whether your platform is .NET, UNIX or Linux the Piccolo Plus is a complete mobile communication solution packaged with APIs and DLLs for fast and simple integration into your back office fleet management application.
Our technology will make your business the most competitive in your market.