From Soil Stabilization
Make use of local fill to construct site access roads with the GEOWEB Load Support System allowing immediate access after installation. The GEOWEB system outperforms 2D reinforcement materials that require deeper, more costly base materials. GEOWEB 3D confinement system is equally beneficial for base stabilization under asphalt or concrete and can reduce base materials by 50% or more. Base stabilization, surface stabilization, over-excavation alternative, hard-surface pavements.
Use Local Infill
The GEOWEB system can use locally-available, or onsite fill. Geogrids require clean aggregate, increasing material cost plus added hauling costs.
Infill is confined in the GEOWEB 3D structure, preventing it from movement under loading.
The GEOWEB system is a full depth solution. Geogrids do nothing to protect surface translation. As a result, Geogrids require more maintenance to maintain road surfaces.
Geogrids only control lateral movement in thin layers. The GEOWEB 3D system gives full depth protection, creating a firm, stable surface that increases cycle times and reduces tire wear, tire replacement and fuel consumption.
Geogrids require tension to activate, initiated by partial deformation. The GEOWEB system’s affect is immediate and works on a principal of hoop strength.
A single layer of GEOWEB performs well over soft subgrades. Geogrids require 2-3 layers for same benefit, adding cost and time to construction.
On multi-layer Geogrid solutions, low pressure equipment must be used. The GEOWEB system allows heavy equipment to deliver structural fill right to the edge of construction.
Installation of the GEOWEB system is up to 3 times faster to deploy than multi-grid systems.
Benefits of the 3D GEOWEB for Load Support
- Stabilizes infill material and controls shearing, lateral and vertical movement.
- Increases the effective structural number, allowing fill requirements and costs to be cut in half.
- Allows use of lower-quality, less costly on-site infill materials.
- Creates a stiffened base layer, and the resulting increase in base strength can be used to reduce the pavement depth design up to 30%.
GEOWEB Load Support Research Results
- Allows use of local infill.
- Confines infill, stabilizes soils.
- Reduces rutting, lowers maintenance.
- Decreases rolling resistance and faster cycle times.
- Delivers instantaneous protection.
- Bridges soft subgrades with single layer.
- Deploys directly over poor soils.
- Increases speed of construction.
Low-Environmental Impact Solution
Reduces stormwater runoff and gains environmental Low Impact Development (LID) benefits by infiltrating and storing stormwater on-site. Porous Pavement Overview
- With permeable infill, the GEOWEB system saves the cost of traditional stormwater collection/storage systems by performing as an on-site stormwater retention/detention “basin”.
- Permeable pavements are also eco-friendly, cooler pavements that reduce the heat island effect of traditional hard-surfaced pavements.
- Our Porous Pavement Design Assistant tool helps determine best pavement options for site conditions and expected use. Choose product and input values for loading requirements, infill type, and subgrade type & strength. The tool returns recommended fill/base materials and base depth (includes a full cross section), and values for runoff coefficient and water volume storage (with aggregate infill).
- Permeable Site Access Roads
- Permeable Parking Areas
- Intermodal - Port Facilities - Storage Yards
- Roadway Shoulders
- Base Reinforcement for Asphalt & Concrete
- Rail Track Ballast / Subballast
- Trails & Walkways
- Sand Roads
- Airport Runways & Drainage Layers