Quik Solid - Granular Cross-linked Polyacrylate Absorbent Polymer
From Quik Solid
Quik-Solid is a solid, granular cross-linked polyacrylate Advanced Superabsorbent Polymer that rapidly absorbs and retains large volumes of aqueous solutions. The absorptive properties of Quik-Solid are ideally suited for the absorption and solidification of radioactive and other types of waste waters.
- Reduces Waste Disposal Costs – expands in volume by less than 1%
- Non-Biodegradable Polymer (per 40 CFR 264.314 (e)(ii)).
- Freeze-Thaw Tested: will not release liquids after freezing and subsequent heating to160° F
- Not release trapped Ionic contaminants if solute evaporation occurs.
- Passes Paint Filter Test (EPA 9095).
- Approved for use at Hanford and other licensed facilities
- SEG Certified Incinerable Material with a heat value of 5560 BTU/lbs.
- Strong Ion exchange capability allows for heavy metals to be bound and wastes to pass TCLP.
- Free Swell in D.I. Water 250-350 XIn 1% AIC I22-26 X
- Free Swell in 1% NaC l43-52 X
- In 6N NaOH 23-29 X
- Free Swell in 2% NaCl 34-41 X
- In 8N NaOH 22-28 X
- Free Swell in 10% NaCl 19-23 X
- In 6N NaOH + 2% NaCl 22-28 X
- Free Swell in 1% CaCl 220-24 X
- In 10% Bleach + 1% NaCl 39-47 X
- Liquid Release Test (EPA 9096)
- (Deionized Water Retention After 10 Minutes)
- Passes with 25 x weight at 20 psi
- Passes with 15 x weight at 50 psi