RadSeeker - Model RIID - Handheld Radioisotope Identifier
The RadSeeker was specifically designed to meet US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirements for a system capable of detecting and identifying nuclear-threat materials.
It uses technology that couples advanced spectrum-processing and identification algorithms with a choice of highly sensitive detectors – resulting in superior identification accuracy.
This sophisticated detector system is capable of resolving complex masking scenarios and exceeds all ANSI N42.34 (2006) requirements for the identification of bare, shielded and multiple isotopes.
The RadSeeker is easy to use while supplying the operator with quick, simple, specific information for threat assessment.
It can be used during searches to detect radioactive sources and identify whether the radioactive material uncovered is harmless or dangerous. For each source identified, the RadSeeker provides a risk assessment describing the source as innocent or a threat, removing all the guesswork from the operator.
In emergency situations, radiological response teams can quickly and accurately determine whether a source is present and the level of threat it represents.
Built-in wireless capabilities, which include both WiFi 802.11 and a satellite-phone interface, provide those in a remote command centre with easy access to information such as the threat identified, source spectra and the location of the device/operator.
In a situation that is deemed unsafe to send a responder, the RadSeeker can be placed mechanically while monitoring and controlling the device from a safe distance.
- Advanced spectrum-processing and identification algorithms for superior identification accuracy
- Superior accuracy ideal for identifying shielded and masked threats
- Continuous automatic stabilization, no field calibration required
- Auto-stabilization achievable in the presences of sources
- Can survive 3ft drop, extreme operating temperatures and water spray
- Designed to meet/exceed all ANSI N42.34 (2006) requirements
- Radiation detection High sensitivity detection alarms/alerts indicate gamma or neutron radiation above background (CS/CL version only); user-adjustable thresholds. Performance exceeds ANSI N42.34 (2006) requirements
- Identification performance Exceeds all ANSI N42.34 (2006) requirements for bare, shielded, multiple and masked isotopes. Active background updates improve identification performance
- Library Easily extensible library with 41 radionuclides classified according to ANSI N42.34 (2006)
- Stabilization Automatic energy stabilization (eliminates the need for field calibration)
- Energy range 25keV – 3meV (Gamma)
- Alarm indications Audio, visual, earphone, vibrator, discrete ultra-bright LEDs for alarm indication on rear of system
- Battery Smart lithium-ion battery (UL Approved); 8+ hours (normal operating conditions with 150+ IDs). Battery rechargeable in unit or desktop charger
- Environmental and safety Operating temperature range: -32°C (-25°F) after warm-up to 50°C (122°F); shock and vibration: ANSI N42.34 (2006); drop: 91.44cm (3ft) onto 5.1cm (2in) plywood covered concrete; safety: UL 61010-1; EMC: ANSI N42.34 (2006), humidity: 3-98% relative humidity, non-condensing at 35°C (95°F)
- Protection Fresh-water-resistant, splash-proof, dust- and sand-proof, IP65 (ANSI/IEC 60529)
- Dimensions (W x L x H) 17.8 x 30.5 x 11.4cm (7 x 12 x 4.5in) – small bumpers
- Weight CS 2.4kg (5.2lbs), CL 2.24kg (4.95lbs)
- Connectivity Wireless 802.11b/g/n, serial USB, Ethernet and satellite-phone connectivity available via RF modem
- Display High-contrast, high-resolution (428 x 272 pixels) colour
- Locator Global Positioning System (GPS) – provides the longitude and latitude of the system throughout the screening process and at time identification was made
- Accessories included Transportation case, sling with strap, additional battery pack, AC power adapter, 12v DC car adapter, desktop battery charger, USB cables, USB headphone adapter, SAT phone adaptor, set of large bumpers, screwdriver (for changing bumpers), CD manuals, PC software installation CD
- Configurations: RadSeeker CS) (commercial sodium iodide) Radiation detection technologies, 2 x 2in sodium iodide (gamma spectrometer) helium-3 neutron detector , Languages English, French, German & Spanish
- Configurations: RadSeeker CL (commercial lanthanum bromide) Radiation detection technologies, 1.5 x 1.5in lanthanum bromide (gamma spectrometer) helium-3 neutron detector, Languages English, French, German & Spanish
- Configurations: RadSeeker CS-G
- (commercial sodium iodide) 2 x 2in sodium iodide (gamma spectrometer) helium-3 neutron detector