RODI - Model EZ SDI-1 - Automatically and Consistent SDI Monitors
The RODI Systems EZ SDI™ automatically and consistently monitors the silt density index of RO feed water. Operators can quickly and regularly check the effectiveness of the RO pretreatment system without bothering with labor-intensive manual tests.
The EZ SDI™ is microprocessor controlled and fully automatic. The monitor is housed in a NEMA 4X enclosure and is designed for permanent installation in industrial environments. The filter holder allows the use of standard 25mm test filters available from a number of suppliers. Replacing the media is a two-minute process and the test is initiated with the press of a button.
The EZ SDI™ uses the same testing method as specified in ASTM D 4189-07. This standard method indicates the quantity of particulate matter in water and is applicable to relatively low (less than 1.0 NTU) turbidity waters such as well water, filtered water, or clarified effluent samples. Since the size, shape, and nature of particulates may vary, this test method is not an absolute measurement of the quantity of particulate in a particular water source. Maximum SDI values of RO feed water are commonly specified by RO membrane manufacturers, and demonstrating adherence to these SDI specifications may be necessary to receive guaranteed performance from the membrane supplier.
Continuous Sample Flow - The EZ SDI™ is designed for permanent installation. In order to prevent stagnant conditions in the sample line, the monitor continuously allows a side stream of sample to flow through the monitor up to the point where the sample enters the filter. A specially designed orifice controls the rate of this side-stream flow. The orientation of the flow control orifice also allows air in the sample line to be separated from the sample before the sample enters the filter holder.
- Reverse Osmosis
- Discrete Outputs One Normally-Open Form A, 2 Amp, 30 VDC/240 VAC
- Analog Outputs Four 4-20 mA (optional)
- Serial Ports One RS-232 (RJ Connector) for data download
- User Interface 4 x 20 LCD with backlight; 4 Keys, Tactile
- Realtime Clock Backed with Lithium Battery, 10 Year Life
- Power 120-240 VAC,50-60 Hz, 0.8 A
- Enclosure NEMA 4X enclosure
- Mounting Wall Mounting
- Dimensions EZ SDI™:11' high x 15' wide x 9' deep; EZ SDI-4™:11' high x 22.5' wide x 9' deep
- Electrical All connections via removable screw terminals.
- Environment 0 to 50 C (32 to 122 F), 10 to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certification Complies with ASTM D4189-07.